BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksHumor

More Evidence I am Losing It. You?2468

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
True story.

Sometimes = happened more than once, I can't find my reading glasses only to discover I am wearing them!

Today I jumped out of my car and couldn't find my backpack that I carry in the back seat. I looked in the trunk ... not there. Still not in the back seat. I thought it might be hiding from me and jumping in and out of the car.

I decided I had to go back home to see if I took it in the house without remembering.

But .... true story ... I couldn't get into my care because I was WEARING my backpack!

Couldn't find the thing because it was on my back!

I am losing it. How about you? Got story?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member RogerBruner private msg quote post Address this user
I was lying in bed a couple of months ago. Almost asleep. I can't emphasize that part enough. For some reason I started thinking about my wife's job and couldn't remember the name of the company she works for. She's only been there thirteen years! Worst part of it was I couldn't get to sleep until I finally got past that mental block.

My word! If I'm like this at seventy, will I remember to turn seventy-one in September? *LOL*
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@RogerBruner

Great story.

I do three 'stretching' exercises EVERY morning ... and have been faithfully without missing the past 6 months. This morning I got down on the floor and couldn't remember what the first one I ALWAYS did was.

3 hours later and I still don't remember.

Now I am wondering if I think I forgot something that I didn't.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I posted this on my website last October:

"I've been forgetting little things for I can't remember how long."
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I had an item in my hand, stopping on the stairs, I couldn't recall what I needed with the item. Giving up, I couldn't remember if I was going up or down the stairs.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Funny.

George Burns said, "You can tell you are getting old when you bend over to tie your shoes and ask yourself, 'What else can I do while I am down here?'"
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
An old man, in his late 80s, was sitting on the bus stop bench sobbing loudly. A beat cop came up to him and asked what was the matter. That old man stopped his sobbing and with tear-filled eyes began to explain.

"Well, you see officer," the old main said, "a few weeks ago I met an amazing, beautiful, wonderful, bright, articulate, sexy young woman who was undeniably the girl of my dreams. There was no way she should have been interested in an old sod like me. I don't have a lot of money or any skills or exciting interests but we started seeing each other and fell madly in love. We were married just five days ago."

"We've been spending every moment together making my every dream come true. We haven't left the house since our wedding night. I've just come out to get us some groceries," he gestured to the full shopping bags beside him on the bench, "so we wouldn't starve. I'm on my way back to her now."

"I don't see where the problem is," said the cop. "You seem like the luckiest man alive."

"The problem is," the old man said said sadly, "I can't remember where I live!"
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Sometimes and some threads in this forum are more fun than others. Today and this thread are one of those days.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I totally agree! *big smile*
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member RBishopSr private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All - Interesting tales. Just wait, as you get older, life becomes even more interesting.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Awaiting a bus I started to panic, as I couldn't find my bus pass - an all-too-common occurrence. You see it is always in my left-hand pocket, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Figuring I must have left it at home I crossed the road - and found it in my right-hand pocket, just as the bus passed me by!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@philipwatling

Perhaps you had put your pants on backwards?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29425 12 12
destitute