BillBelew.com

What to post on LinkedIn2470

teddy private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I don't know what would be interesting for my 19 connections on LinkedIn, how to engage and increase them? I would like to try to write an article myself, but I don't know what to write about.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Teddy: I know the feeling. However, it is best to write something you are interested in. That way you have enthusiasm about the topic.

What is your area of interest or expertise? What do you like to see and read? Do you have questions about something in your area. Do some research about it and put it together in an article.

Hope this helps.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@teddy LinkedIn is a strange beast at times.

If you have a smart phone it is much less tedious to follow others than if you are doing it on a desktop.

Once you get over 500 followers, anyone viewing your profile sees "500+". There are some people who say it is a waste of time getting anymore followers. I'm still undecided about this.

Are your followers interested in what you are doing? Do they have the same interests? If so, write about that.

You could write about what would interests them, but most articles on LinkedIn are reposted from blogs. Mine go straight from WordPress, for example.

I would recommend you repost from you blog and start getting the content building up there first.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I don't even have a blog. Let's say I want to write an article about the real value of loyalty cards. How and where you do researchers, How many words should be the article?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@teddy

The ideal length of an article is the number of words it takes to get your point across.

IMHO, most people don't want to read anything longer than a minute ... of course, there are exceptions.

I am a good reader but I will abandon content that is too long.

@gspieler made a good point. Don't think just abt what people want ... rather write what you really care about. You can be sure that if you care about the topic, others will as well.

You want to be in a position where people are following you, NOT where you are chasing them.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Does long form publishing on LinkedIn work?

I've over 300 articles on LinkedIn in long form and these used to work great... thousands upon thousands of views on some of them... however things changed at LinkedIn and the results dropped off and made it less attractive... so i stopped posting full articles.

Has this changed again?

Nowadays i post short excerts and links back to the full article... with the odd motivational meme... which generates results.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
I'm afraid I've fallen into the same "short attention span" hole as well. I can read long form in hard copy, but not online.

Which is why I love the New Yorker, Mother Jones and other magazines that I still subscribe to.

But, online. Nope....maybe 500 to 700 words max. That is also the advice signature bloggers get from Huffpo. I keep my blogs reasonably short with them.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy
I don't even have a blog.

I harp on this a lot, but it is one of the most important things you can do. GET A WEBSITE/BLOG. If you think you can't afford one, talk to me. I'll make it affordable.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@teddy What @Rev said abt getting your own site. The sooner the better.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
I harp on this a lot, but it is one of the most important things you can do. GET A WEBSITE/BLOG. If you think you can't afford one, talk to me. I'll make it affordable.

I was told the same thing by my lecturers, that blogging is probably the most important for a student and I read @Rev's advice in the forum - that for online presence first a need blog and then building followers. So I will focus on that. I have got few ideas what to write about, but still, any advice will be invaluable.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
26130 10 10
destitute