BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksHumor

Millennials' Different Mindset - Funny Story2477

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Millennials have a different mindset ... funny? story.

I am sitting in a coffee shop.

The process is to order something, get a pager, go sit down, wait for the pager to shake, go get your order, return and eat, put your dirty dishes on the counter and go home.

Millennial walks in (true story).

Orders. Sits down. Pager shakes. Missy Millennial doesn't move.

"Excuse me." Holds pager up.
"Excuse me!" Shakes shaker. I think it actually looked like the pager wasn't moving at this point.
"Excuse me!!" She shouted 5 - 6 times while getting more frustrated.

Finally she gave up, and walked to the counter to exchange the pager for her order ... which is what she was supposed to do all along.

Millennials (Okay, not all of them) get frustrated when they are not listened to, responded to and served in a timely manner.

If the millennial is your market ... have fun.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
It's one of those "eye of the beholder" things, I guess.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
It must be the shop you go to. I order and get one of those things and food appears later at my table.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Mr G works with a couple of Milliennials. They don't do their job properly, are asked to refocus, and have to have time off because they have been challenged and feel victimized. You have to laugh.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member authenticV private msg quote post Address this user
Oh no guys, play fair!

I think i may be one of the so called millennials or maybe a Gen X. I'm right at the end of one end the beginning of the other.

Why do Millennials get such a bad rap?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by authenticV
Why do Millennials get such a bad rap?

Because the rest of us are old and we resent their youth...

So a millennial told me, anyway.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@authenticV I think it's because they do everything so differently to us Gen Ys and Baby Boomers. I don't resent or dislike Gen x'ers at all, but I am always surprised with how differently they view the world and their place in it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a regional thing? Do UK and AU have the issue as US? I am in CN now and have found no crybabies. Correction a six month old. You have one chance to excel in the national exam for college entrance. If you fail you are done. Get into the job market and not perform, you are replaced. I picked up two new students here because parents want them to excel in the exam. At age 26 they care for their parents not live in their basements and get govt handouts.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member authenticV private msg quote post Address this user
I would definitely agree that I see the world differently than most, but would disagree about the youth thing. Old to me is 70+ and I was raised to respect age. I mean, I see 50 year olds that look younger than me!

I think maybe millennials feel lost, I do soemtimes. We're the children of the very rich or the poor, we have such huge boots to fill after the boomers and are constantly compared so I can understand why millenials may feel the way they do. I mean, I earn a descent wage, I can afford to pay more in rent than I would a mortgage but yet I can't buy a house because I pay so much in rent, I can't save!

I don't think this is a millennial thing though just a big city thing. Owning a home used to be a big deal to me, it still is.. kinda. But I don't stress about it anymore, because I now know that realistically you never truely own that house.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I feel that some millennials are so rude especially demanding.

Few of them are respectful.

At first call (true story), he demanded and spoke rudely to his classmate to help him in his assignment because he failed it and the teacher told him to ask her help.

The lady spoke confidently that he could check her past works. Out of care, she helped him in his assignment.

One day, he called her. In the call, his tone was respectful. He thanked her because he passed his assignments well.

(Moral Story) The one who needs the help is so disrespectful.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
28670 10 10
destitute