BillBelew.com

Woman eaten by spider! Clickbait!2489

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
We have all seen them, and as intelligent human beings we all know what these types of headlines are doing, but have you ever been so tempted to click on them you couldn't help yourself?

Clickbait headlines are meant to grab your attention even and many don't deliver on the promise.

What are some you have found hard to resist? And why?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Donald Trump emails indicating he's done something outrageous as usual....and seeing it spells his name as "Donald Tump....."
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons "Tump?" That's a bad mistake
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this fits into the same category but the ones I hate are those that seem to be directly written to me which causes me to open them only to find the usual mass-mailing tripe. I don't mean that they just include my name, but rather they speak directly to something I am thinking, working on, or looking for, at that moment. It is as if the writer knew what was happening in my life. The content, however, addresses nothing I am thinking, doing, or in need of.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
The ones that get me are the ones with the headline too long so you have to see what's the rest of it.

I really hate the ones that just have pictures and you have to click 5 times to get to the end. I'm in Nepal and the internet isn't as fast as elsewhere sometimes. 5 clicks and over a minute to find out what's wrong with something or some secret to good health that ends up being something I already knew.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev That's a bit creepy...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@FrugalTravelsNepal You don't want to waste time sifting through rubbish with limited internet.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
If you can't tell me something in the subject line, it must not be worth reading.
I am using Google a lot less than I used to. They are too good at getting @Rev's attention when he least expects. Me too.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel

Inquiring minds want to know...
Post 9 • IP   flag post
28670 9 9
destitute