BillBelew.com
Email MarketingFacebookMotivationSEOSocial Media

Growing an email list2490

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I posted a free download tonight, it is how I am moving my fans from FB to an email list. When the website is up and running, I hope to transition away from FB and more web page.

The Rev put on a heck of a good presentation of 13 essentials for SEO last night. If you get a chance to learn from him, take it!

My once a week give away link. Funny out of over 25k fans, I am only up to 820 email addy so far.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan Still, impressive numbers. I think photography has made a come back, and your images are quite stunning. I'm not surprised you are getting such a good response.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

Awesome photos. Frozen moments in time and emotion!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Thanks Susan and Rev, I stepped off the deep end, the images inspired me to write. A book should be coming out this summer. I describe as "Lord of the Rings, meets Deadliest Catch." Hence the need to get a real website. As series of Bering Sea fishing ventures may be next. Thanks again!

(Rev I tried twice to sign up on your web page and got rejected) I sent an email.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
When I go to your sign up page it is not clear what I am signing up for.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Take a look. The goal is to grow the list, make new relationships, so I give stuff away.

http://eepurl.com/cF0xIj
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

I'd add a paragraph of descriptive text (keyword rich) just under the title. Give search engines something to index.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

I got your email and it's on my list to look into it. Shoemaker's kids syndrome!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
OK Rev, I believe I added a line that might be able to work for the SEO part of things. If you get a minute please check it out. http://eepurl.com/cF0xIj
The email sign up rate has been picking up, I may ask the new folks how they found me.
I have decided to concentrate on FB, Twitter, and Instagram. Twitter is like fast and gone, Instagram will not allow a link. I suspect there are a dozen more outlets I am missing, but I will attempt to do 3 well, and improve.

thanks Jack
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

That's better, but I would probably add two sentences (about 20-
25 words) that provides a little more description (and keywords!). I would also center the image or make it larger to match the width of the form -- no real SEO value there, just a visual "discomfort" thing.

Additionally, the MailChimp code has no alternate text (alt) attribute for the image. If there is a way to add it in the MailChimp setup you should do so.

You really need to get your own website going for yourself! I do this for a living. Feel free to contact me. First professional call is always free.

Your three social media choices are good, as is your approach. You can add your site URL as a "watermark" to your images for Instagram as part of a copyright notice or signature. Or, just get your name so well known to Google that it easily associates with your website -- it seems you are there already.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
28671 10 10
destitute