BillBelew.com

100 Guest Posts in 1 Year2502

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
That's right, you heard me - 100 Guest Posts in 1 Year

My goal is to be a guest blogger on 100 sites this year. I started a bit late, about mid-January, and things took a while to take off.

However, I am now 13 posts ahead of schedule having 44 guest articles published. There are quite a few more I have sent and waiting to get a response.

The posts are written for the target audience of the site, not about my topic, and so far I have covered a wide range of subjects.

I only have one link to my blog at the end - that's all I need to improve my SEO.

I decided to try this method to see how it would effect my visitors rather than wait for the site to come out of Google's sandbox.

I am also posting my own blogs on a regular basis, but I am delighted with the results.

I am going to post the exact details in the Classroom for those enrolled as students.

In the meantime, what are your thoughts about guest bloggers? I have had a good response overall, but there are some people who seem over protective of their blog or they think I'm up to something more sinister.

Have you hosted a guest? Been a guest? How has the process improved your SEO?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay: Wow. That is indeed impressive. And, what is interesting is that you write about a variety of topics. Does this mean you do not define yourself in a niche?
Question: You have a classroom on this site?

Finally, I have hosted a couple of people. I also put a note on my Facebook page looking for guest bloggers, and didn't have any takers? Seemed odd to me.

I would love to guest blog, but not sure how to go about it?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Hey SusanDay, I would be open to guest blogging, do you google the subjects, find the sights and offer your magic? How do you find your leads to be a guest like you do. Thanks and way to go!

Jack
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@gspieler Hi, here is the link that explains the forum's classroom - Student's Classroom
There are students and a handful of experience teachers.

I use Twitter's direct message to contact people directly. It is a long message and I have spent a long time crafting it. As you will know only the 2 lines are visible at first and then half of one of those is taken up with a message that you shared a link. So, that 1 1/2 lines is crucial. Then I tell a story and I simple ask to be a guest, and explain why.

I learned a long time ago you have to make it worth someone's while so I ask them to help me. My goal is to help grandparents connect with their grandkids using reading. The effect of this is to improve literacy rates. I ask people if they will help me do this by including my link at the end of the post, and I write something that their visitors will get something out of.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@jmolan Thank you for your kind words.

I use Twitter's direct message to ask (see post above for more details).

If someone says yes, then I look at their site for ideas or I simply ask them what they want.

I'm pretty easy and will write on nearly any topic if someone will have me.

Originally I searched out sites that talked to my niche and contacted them. This worked about 50% of the time, but I have found Twitter's DM much better.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I would guess that because backlinks are such a precious commodity, some bloggers are just shy about allowing guests. I have thought about allowing guest posts, but doing so would be a big step. It would change the nature of the blog--even if just a little.

I think getting people to respond to your DMs is a major coup. Congratulations! Have you looked at Facebook or other social sites for bloggers?

I know there are websites that serve just to connect guest posters with bloggers, but I've not investigated them.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@TParker I don't use Facebook because I find the rules are changed too often. It is also a site where most users are there to interact with family and friends. I find on Twitter users are more open to business ideas.

I have so much work that I haven't had a chance to check out other 'guesting' sites.

If you know of any, could you share them please. I'm sure many people here would appreciate it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay: Thanks so much for all the great information. I'm not familiar with Twitter's DM. So although you said you write on a variety of topics, this particular DM was focused on blogs that deal with your grandparent topic? You must have put in a lot of time to find Twitter people that are in your grandparent subject area?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay: I will try to remember to post about the guest sites soon. I am followed by several mom bloggers, teachers, and authors on my FindLearnShare Twitter account. You might want to take a peek and see if some of them would be good candidates for you to DM. Also, I find connections (not work, but network) via LinkedIn and Reddit.
T.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@gspieler
Here is the script from my Twitter DM. What do you think?
It doesn't appeal directly to my target market, but I follow a lot of authors - people who know the value of education. Many of them are grandparents.

I don't get 100% response rate but that's okay. I only need 3 or 4 people a week to keep me ahead of target of 8 per month.

Interesting, I have 4 regular gigs too now - 3 x weekly and 1 x monthly.

Teaching children to read is important, right?

I write articles at to help ordinary people teach their children and grandchildren how to fall in love with books and reading.

Allowing me to write a guest post on your website will help me reach more people, and help more children. There is no cost to you.

Being a guest blogger is like the story of the boy throwing starfishes back into the sea after they'd been washed up on the beach. A man challenged him and said he'd never make a difference to all of them - there were hundreds drying out in the sun. The boy looked at the one in his hands and said, "I can make a difference to this one," and he hurled it back to the safety of the ocean.

Just one blog post can make a big difference.

All my posts are 100% original and targeted directly to your audience.

I am an experienced content writer and have the expertise to ensure that the post will bring more traffic to your site through my knowledge of SEO.

To see blog posts I've already written please go to:
http://www.astrosadventuresbookclub.com/blog/ 

I can also supply links to guest posts. My goal is to write 100 this year.

Please let me know if you would like me to write for you.

Many thanks
Susan
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@TParker That would be great.

I think I found you on Twitter, and I've followed you. I will follow up on your suggestions, too.

Thanks!

Have you thought more about hosting a guest blogger? I can understand that it might not seem like a good fit, but it is worth considering
Post 11 • IP   flag post
This is super helpful. I'm so glad I found this forum. Hoping to improve my site and blog somehow.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay: Forgot to mention that I'm a volunteer reading tutor for Reading Partners . It is an AmeriCorps funded project, so we are all writing and calling hoping that the program can continue.

The kids are fantastic and it is so much fun to work with them.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@gspieler That's a wonderful cause. You must get so much out of it, and I bet the kids benefit from having someone like you helping them.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
For those who might be sitting on the fence on this one, I can attest to the quality of @SusanDay's work. She has written guest blog posts for me and we happened to end up working for the same client (I do site management and she does content development) so I have seen the quality of the professional work she does. Both are excellent.

If you have a blog you should definitely take Susan up on her offer!
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Rev. Thank you. Of course.

@SusanDay: I would love to have you write a blog post for me, Duh! I'm at www.gerispieler.com
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@gspieler That's a great blog you have. How does this sound for a topic: "5 reasons why you should hire a freelance writer."

DM me your email address and I'll send you something in a few days.

I'm looking forward to working with you.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, isn't that an interesting aspect of working online... not only can your work be global, Susan and I, who have only met here on the forum, end up working for the same client, but contracted separately. And we are literally a world apart; I am here in central USA, Susan is in eastern Australia. We are almost exactly on opposite sides of the globe!

As Paul Henderson says, "It never ceases to amaze me!"
Post 18 • IP   flag post
That is amazing (and cool). Susan, I will be in touch.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
28670 19 19
destitute