BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationImages

Found a nice source for images2550

Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Susan Day used this source for the guest post she did for me and I really liked the images. The name is Stock Photo Secrets. I usually use Pixabay (free) but was finding the selection a bit limited. I also purchased a membership at another site ($39 for lifetime access) but is has proven to be more valuable for backgrounds and textures than true images.

Stock Photo Secrets isn't free, but the annual cost is reasonable (IMO) given the quality of the images.

So if you are looking for fresh stock photos for your projects, I give this one a +1.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker

What I have done over the years is accumulate my own library of images.

I can have a cartoon img of myself sitting in front of a computer and by adding a caption or a thought bubble, that guy can write abt anything or think or say anything I want.

If you don't have money, create a few generic images that can be tailored to do/say anything you want.

Post 2 • IP   flag post
Ah, Bill, I have a personal illustrator at my disposal. She doesn't come cheap though, I have to pay in art supplies and graphics tech.

Post 3 • IP   flag post
@TParker

Where's the thought bubble?

Pay her what she's worth ... it'll be worth it to you and to her. 8-)

Post 4 • IP   flag post
LOL. I do have to pay her in books sometimes! She likes to have her own set and not share it with "the boys." The only girl- 3 brothers!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@TParker

We love to go to Barnes & Nobles ... and read series there!

That being said ... if you have a library of images, you can have them say/do anything you want ... even garner a laugh, eh?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
Is it ok to put here some links that I am using for free photos?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB

Sure!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Ok, those are links that I found on the internet:

pixabay.com
freeimages.com
pexels.com
commons.wikimedia.com
gettyimages.ca
openphoto.net
stokpic.com
stockvault.net
unsplash.com
photopin.com
picjumbo.com
splitshire.com
morquefile.com
stockfreeimages.com
stocksnap.io

Hope that will help
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker You're right. Stock Photo Images or the 99 Club as it used to be called is great. The guy that runs it is so personal he actually looks after you. And images and illustrations are new and interesting.

I get tired of seeing the same free images over and over again on websites. Maybe it's me but I think using images which are fresh and interesting has a greater impact.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB

It would be more helpful if you could tell us which is which and why one is better in one area than another is ...

Otherwise it is just a list.

Do you have opinions?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I'd worry more about having a LOT of fresh images if I thought I had readers who read EVERYTHING I wrote. I don't.

Most visitors read 2-3 pages max ... hmm..

It's the creator who gets tired of seeing the same thing over and over again more than the sometimes visitor.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Belew it is not the big difference in those sites. I usually start with pixabay and if I don`t find what I am looking for, then go to another site.
@SusanDay is right, there is a lot of same pictures that are on most of the sites.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed many agencies have the same troop of consultants.

. . . or there really is a clone machine.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew But don't you find it tiresome when you see the same images on so many other websites. I know people only usually visit 2 or 3 blog posts or pages but I see images from free sources popping up over and over again.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay I don't use "raw" pictures anymore. After download photos, I use Canva, and put some backgrounds, letters, my logo, titles.. so it looks little different.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with @JelenaBB - I personalize the images I use - even cropping to get a piece of the image instead of the whole thing. Actually, I prefer to be able to crop so that I can emphasize what I want.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
I think it is interesting to see how each of us has chosen a distinctive style for our image use. Bill likes illustrations; Susan likes to use a combination of styles; I like having a wide selection of stock images and Jelena and Kathryn like to create custom pieces.

I would bet if you look at our blogs and other work, you would see that the results of our choices are a unique presentation of our personal aesthetics.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
29398 18 18
destitute