BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationInspirationSocial MediaVideo Production

Feel the HEAT of Fire Fighting, first hand!2555

Member SJSmoky private msg quote post Address this user
In Search of a Bay Area Blogger who might be interested in joining the San Jose Fire Department in our FIRE OPS 101 program, this fall.

We are offering a hands on look at what a day in the life of a firefighter is like. This could be a great experience for a local blogger to create content, gain unique knowledge and access and maybe even inspire someone to make a difference in their community. There is also an opportunity for media creation for those in the photo and video blogging field.

FIRE OPS 101 Participants experience the smoke, sweat, adrenaline rush and the physical stress and strain firefighters face on daily on the job, all while exposing you to the complex issues of the fire service, like staffing, adequate equipment, and presumptive health for firefighters.

Spending a hands-on day as a first responder is one of the most effective ways for you, community leaders, local politicians and the local media to learn about this unique profession.

I hope this is the right forum for this, we look forward to having the blogging community join us....

Please consider throwing your name in the hat!!

Sean Lovens
Communications Director
San Jose Fire Fighters
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! That is exactly the kind of stuff I like to do. As a photographer and writer, finding dynamic subjects like this really turns my crank....:-)
I'll be in Alaska this summer shooting and writing on fishing families. My background is Bering Sea Capt. fishing boats, for 30 years.
I have "blogged" on FB for years and have 25K followers, however my website and blog are still building. I'm getting close, but I don't want to sell myself as an established blogger. I have magazine cover shots, sold stories, and I'm a public speaker.
I guess what I'm saying is, someone should grab this opportunity.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
These guys are the real heros. Not just during spectacular tragedies. Every day! Thank you.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Did you find the person you were looking for?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Unfortunately no one has reached out yet. The tentative date for our event is Tuesday October 10th. Hopefully we can keep the event up and remind interested bloggers closer to the event.

Here is a video from our 2013 Event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fO8wtY9JRk
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SJSmoky I just reread your original post ... where do bloggers apply?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Best is to contact me directly

sean.lovens@sjff.org
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member morningstar private msg quote post Address this user
That sounds great. If it's ok with you then I can repost your message on several blogging Facebook groups I am a part of.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29721 8 8
destitute