BillBelew.com
Content CreationFocusNetworkingProductivityTeaching

Finished book. Now what?2557

Natishafost private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, everyone, I am finally finished with my first book, I am excited and frightened at the same time. I have to find someone to read my manuscript before I take any other steps, I think its good but I'm impartial and really need to know what the world will think, so any ideas on where to submit my manuscript???
Post 1 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I think there are author groups where you can exchange manuscripts. Alternatively, you can hire an editor to take a look. I work with a person whom I'm connected with via LinkedIn. There are several editor groups, there. Of course, there are probably a few people here you can call on as well. (I only write short pieces, so I've not needed a book reviewer.)
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Natishafost private msg quote post Address this user
yes, I'm connected to LinkedIn as well so maybe I need to post there to see what happens. Thank you for being so helpful
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost You can also become a member of your local writers guild if you have one in your area. As a paid up member I think you can get your manuscript reviewed by an experienced author in your subject area for a nominal fee. This would give you a professional review to improve your manuscript before any editing is done.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost

Time to put together a marketing plan focused around your current blog or another website you will create for the purpose. You don't want to wait on this. You should actually have had it in place by now.

Your plan needs to include a blogging regimen as well as an outreach program to social media and other marketing channels.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of read through are you looking for? Beta readers can give you thoughts on how the manuscript feels to them. An editor usually only looks at format, grammar, and such.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
26771 6 6
destitute