BillBelew.com
Business Advice

When I can't decide, I usually ...2564

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
When I can't decide what I want to do, I usually do nothing.

I have 4 different sites where I want to post AND have a LOT to post.

When I sit down to my pc and get ready to write ... too often I can't decide which one I want to post at ... ending in not posting anything anywhere.

How can I whittle down my focus from 4 things I really want to do to 3 or 2 or 1 thing?

I'll be dog gone if I know the answer.

Do you?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I start each one. I will either write the introduction or begin collecting my resource links into a document for the eventual article. Having just that little start seems to make it easier for me to sit down later and begin writing in earnest.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
I pray. Life and decision-making are so much easier when I just ask God what I should do. Then I do it.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Summerbay

Last time I prayed I heard a voice in my head, "Bill? Is that you? It's been a while."
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I think I have allowed myself to get stuck in the 'almosts.'

I have so many really cool things that are almost about to happen ... that I find myself wishing and wanting (there's a song abt this I think) ... that instead of doing ... I just sit and hope ... and push the string.

I think I need to give up on the almosts ... and get back to doing things I can control. ... but then I am 'almost' there ... and anything worth doing is worth doing with others who can multiply the effect ... almost.

How long do you wait for something to almost happen?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Every morning I write down this statement:

I will win when . . .

I then fill in after with something that will move me closer to one of my BIG DREAM goals.

I write out four to five of these statements.

At the end of the day, as long as one of these is completed then I win.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Oh-oh! @KathrynLang plays the odds on world domination!!!

I'm betting on Kathryn...

Post 7 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang

I talk to myself sometimes as well.

Problem is, I don't listen to myself either.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if is the trap of the shoulds. "I should be doing X because someone else has had great success doing X." Or, "I know how to do Y, so shouldn't I be doing that with my website to make money?"

Take some time to decide what your true and motivations are. If you have 5 ideas and each one is viable, then choose the one that has the most powerful hold on your heart and trust that you can make it happen.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
26771 9 9
destitute