BillBelew.com
BloggingFeedbackGetting StartedIntroductionMotivation

Mommy blogger of homeschooled kids2565

chelseav private msg quote post Address this user

Hey I'm Chelsea, very new blogger, mainly for homeschool: but also about life, education, events, reviews and more as well. I'm in the Morrisville, NC area.

I am a mom to three kiddos and loving it. I just wanted to start putting a voice to how important what we do is every day: whether you work at home, work out of the home, teacher, parent: whatever it is we do each day, it's important and we have so much to offer others to help each other to say the world deeper when we share from our heart.

I still find time during the week to play pick-up soccer and love it!

I am hoping to get advice, encouragement, SEO educated, meet others who blog and hear from their experiences on this journey I'm on.

Thanks,
Chelsea

Picture I shared is also found in my profile.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Chelsea, I homeschool four. They are pretty independent, though. So I've started working from home as a copywriter.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@chelseav Welcome to the forum,

No idea what pick up soccer is, that's a new one for me.

You'll get lots of help and encouragement here... oh, I did head over to your website but once your popup loaded I left as even though it's got a close link, it doesn't work...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

Pick up soccer, pick up baseball, pick up rugby, pick up Aus rules football, all kinda the same thing... Hanging out someplace until enough people straggle along to play a game.

How you doing, guy? I don't see you around enough, though I keep getting your gems of wisdom through your tweets. Thanks for sharing!

@folks (ie: everyone) You should actually follow @Steve on Twitter. I mean really read and connect via the links. Great stuff shared!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@TParker Quote:
Originally Posted by TParker
Hi Chelsea, I homeschool four. They are pretty independent, though. So I've started working from home as a copywriter.

That's great TParker.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Steve Thanks for checking out my site, sorry about the close link not working, thought that worked but I really have no way to test it since it will only pop up once a year. I may just try to get rid of the pop up since it has caused more problems than helped. Yeah, pick-up soccer is just a group who plays for fun, not an organized team so it's less competitive, more for just the fun of the game.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
@chelseav I homeschooled three - graduated the first, graduating the second, down to the one. Writing and homeschooling is an adventure - that's for sure!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@chelseav It's great to meet you. I am also an educator and blogger. It's a wonderful thing you are doing.

I agree with you - a good education is about stages not ages.

What's your goal in regards to your blog? Are you hoping to help and inspire others?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang Yes, definitely an adventure. Nice to meet you.

@SusanDay Great to meet you and that is great. What's your blog? Yes, about stages. My hope is to help and inspire others, my main goal and also to help others know about resources in our local area and helping businesses with reviews. But only for ones I actually use and really love.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@chelseav That's a great idea. My blog was created to help grandparents develop a strong relationship with their grandchildren through a lot of books and reading. It's lots of fun and I really enjoy it.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
EmilyB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @chelseav nice to meet you.
I have six children which 5 are homeschooled, what's your favourite thing about homeschooling? Mine is them been able to learn what they find interesting.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@EmilyB

Do you do all the homeschooling yourself or do you share with other parents?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
These guys are my homeschooling heroes.

HookedOnTheBook.

When all was said and done they had a book they put together that now gets used all over the place...by homeschoolers and churches.

Jack and Liz nailed it.

In the past 4 years (that's when we installed Google Analytics ... they have had 370K users visit their site 420K times and view 680K pages.

Oh, yeah. They sell their book, too.

And it all started when they homeschooled their kids.

Jack and Liz are my heroes.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Hi @Rev I homeschool myself, We sometimes visit other families so the children can see friends but not for learning. Except for Chinese my sister teaches my daughters Chinese.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay I love that!

I also started it so my parents, their grandparents could follow our journey as well. My mother-in-law homeschooled my husband when he was a kid.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@EmilyB nice to meet you. I think my favorite thing about homeschooling is that I get to be with my kids more and we can learn at our own pace. It's hard to pick just one reason.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@chelseav I agree spending time with the children is one of the best things. We sometimes do our learning in the park when it is hot.
It is also great not having to follow a curriculum by doing this my 3 young girls are learning all about space, physics and the bones in there body, which they love. Something at their age would not do at school. Learning languages is important for us to and we can learn as much or as little as we want.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@EmilyB Exactly! Do you have a blog, love following other homeschool mom's and their resources and ideas if you do have one. Also, just their story.
Yes, my daughter wants to study birds this year. We also utilize a homeschool art teacher in the area. Then we also use the parks and recreation department and their classes, events and more for part of our homeschool. I also love learning alongside them. Today we had an icecream bar while watching various youtube videos I put together as a playlist about the history of icecream, how it's made, favorite flavors and icecream art and all of them loved it! I wanted to do something easy today since I'm writing my newsletter up and it's Friday.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@chelseav Hi, no I don't have a blog, I am checking out yours though.
It sounds like you and your children have a lot of fun learning at home. It is lovely that your daughter is learning about birds. Like you said it is fun learning beside them, I've learnt a lot since they've been at home. I look forward to checking out your site.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Who are the top mommy bloggers?

I am not a mommy ... could use some advice here.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Oh dear, there is nothing that will make you feel inadequate quicker than viewing a top mommy blogger. You want to look for the top slacker mommy blogger. Otherwise, you'll be making food that looks like Disney characters for dinner every night and creating dioramas to accompany each new book you read.

How old is your daughter?
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@TParker

She is 9-years old.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
I have found that the best way to combat boredom blues is to find the child's joy and give them the supplies to pursue it. (My 11 y.o. spends hours learning code!)

My 13 y.o. enjoys AlwaysIceCream an online forum for girls. (She's surrounded by brothers). She will spend hours creating artwork. I buy her an ample supply of sketch pads. She cooks for herself if I have things that can be heated up in the micro. She'd like to do more cooking, but we deal with food allergies so I am more restrictive than most regarding kitchen use.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@TParker How abt best mommy forums?
Post 24 • IP   flag post
27513 24 24
destitute