BillBelew.com
Twitter

Befuddled with Twitter Issues again2566

Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
And yet another strange twitter issue. I have 3 accounts, one for me, one for our non-profit agency and one for our guest house. The guest house account is blocked, but not officially and I haven't tried to build that account very agressively at all. I should not be having a problem with Twitter about it.

So, when I try to log in I get a prompt for a correct password. When I try to reset it I get nothing. No email to with a reset link, nothing. No matter how many times, no matter how many days, I cannot reset it. I try with the email address, the @StarViewChangu and it doesn't acknowledge that it's a real account. Now it will go inactive and people will start unfollowing.

How do I actually get a real person or get through this issue?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@FrugalTravelsNepal

There are no real people. Even I am a robot responding to this.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalTravelsNepal
I try with the email address, the @StarViewChangu and it doesn't acknowledge that it's a real account.

You know that is NOT an email address in the quote above. It is a "handle" of some kind... your forum name, your Twitter account, etc. A real email address will have this form:

name@domain.tld

For example, mine is thewiz@ourhutch.com -- you will usually need to provide the actual email address used on the account in order to trigger the password reset function.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev, Yes, I do it both ways. With my other accounts I can do it with the email name or the twitter handle. I have over 8,000 followers on one account, 5,000 and 2,000+ on the others. I know how to log in. It's just not working.

This account is the one for our guest house, so I really need it to be able to open so we can connect with our guests and volunteers.

Anyway, I get more encouragement from this site than any other. Really grateful for @Belew and so many who continue to be helpful for me. Could this be the first 'troll-free' forum site?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@FrugalTravelsNepal have a look here ... it should i hope help
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@FrugalTravelsNepal

The owner of the site is a troll.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Steve, thanks so much. I couldn't find that because I think you have to be logged in. I think that will solve it...
Post 7 • IP   flag post
28667 7 7
destitute