BillBelew.com
authorsBusiness AdviceContent MarketingGenerate Content IdeasInspiration

How do I choose a publisher for my book?2568

Member Natishafost private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,
So as some of you know I have been looking to submit my manuscript to reputable people and I have found some publishers but can someone tell me what should I be looking for in publishers and if you have any ideas about springing my website back to life it has been dormant.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Natishafost, If you visit my website, I share an article on marketing which may address your website issue. I would look at the publisher's reputation. Read online reviews. Once you've narrowed down your list of potential publishers, ask people in your network for any input they may have (maybe someone here or on LinkedIn knows something about the publisher, etc.)
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Natishafost private msg quote post Address this user
I am just feeling like I'm at a standstill not knowing what move to take, but my site is so dormant and I don't know what too
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost

I'd like to talk to you about your website. It needs several things. Send me a direct message (envelope beisde my name).
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost - @Rev will definitely help you out with your website.

As for finding a publisher, it depends on what you want and what you expect to get from the experience.

Traditional publishers (the big five or those under their umbrellas) don't normally take manuscripts from authors. You'll have to find an agent first.

Hybrid publishers, Indie Partnerships, and Vanity publishers are going to charge you a fee for publishing your book.

You can indie publish your book.

So - what exactly do you want to have happen with your book (be as specific as possible: i.e. number of books or amount you'd like to earn)

What do you expect a publisher to do: i.e. marketing, publicity, etc.

What are you willing to invest to make it happen: i.e. time, money, additional resources
Post 5 • IP   flag post
29398 5 5
destitute