BillBelew.com
WordPress

How to move a WordPress blog2574

Member Natishafost private msg quote post Address this user
ok Guys, I received some amazing help and direction last night about bringing my blog back to life, so now my thing is I have it through WordPress but I purchased a domain through another place and now that I'm trying to use my own domain WordPress is charging me 100.00 to map it to my account Is there any way around this or do I have to bite the bullet???
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I've never paid for that service.

Are you self-hosting? If so, there should be an option to use WordPress to create a site for the domain name.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hi Susan,
yes, I already have my blog through WordPress that's where I started and still there but I recently bought my own domain and now I want to just use that search name but WordPress is asking for fees to map it to the existing WordPress blog I have with them. I haven't figured it out yet but it has to be a way I can use the purchased domain for my WordPress page, if not I'm gonna loose all my content starting over.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost speak to @Rev
This sounds far more complicated than it should be. And, far too expensive!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I know Susan that is what I was thinking but I will figure it out some how. I'm am surely on a blogging burn out so I will retire for the night and pick it up tomorrow..thank you for all your help Susan I appreciate it all.... Night night,
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
The blog is through WordPress Dot Com -- not a self-hosted installation. @Natishafost, you can forward your domain from Godaddy to your WordPress blog for no additional charge. You do this in the control panel for your domain registration at Godaddy. I can provide help if you need it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
@natishafost,

Don't forget to make a backup of your site before you start, just in case something gos wrong.

Add a plugin that works with wordpress.com. I use duplicator I'm certain others work.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natishafost
and now that I'm trying to use my own domain WordPress is charging me 100.00 to map it to my account

@rev, recall our conversation about wordpress being free?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel

As free as the air we breath. Some people go a whole life time without making anything of it. Others breath, it seems, nothing but sighs of distain. A few, however, take that air and learn how to fly kites!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
28680 9 9
destitute