BillBelew.com
Blogging

Needing help getting a blog set up2584

Member Natishafost private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,
ok, I think I'm throwing in the towel with the blog setup thing, I think I ned to just hire someone to do it, any suggestions that are affordable please share. I'm so frustrated, don't get me wrong I love the idea of my blog and I really want to be able to help others but the process has been very difficult for me.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost

plz contact @Rev here. He'll get you set up right ... and for the right price.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@natishafost You sound very frustrated and I'm so sorry. Take Bill's advice. @Rev is great and I'm sure he can help you. Don't give up. You will have a wonderful blog.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Natishafost

It looks like you are making headway so let's take on the next tasks one step at a time.

Create the categories. Just put in the titles. The rest will take care of itself. It looks to me like you already have some categories determined:

COFFEE SHOP,
CREATE YOUR BEGINNING,
ONE BY ONE,
SELF DEVELOPMENT,
SOUL STIRRER,
SWEET CRE'ME'

Others? When that is done, go in and assign your exiting posts to an appropriate category. Since your current posts seem to be mostly introductions to the "theme" of each category, put them only in one so as not to confuse. Posts that speak to more than one issue, theme, or idea, can be put in multiple categories but don't over do it. More than three is probably too many.

When you're done with that drop by again and let's do more.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I have been away for a while, but I tell my wife "If Facebook, or snapchat or anything else was as hard as wordpress, no one would use it"
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

For a tough old salt like you? C'mon!

I think the problem is, people approach it wrong. It does very powerful things. That considered, it is very easy. It's just hard to fine-tune a Maserati if your experience doesn't extend past vehicles with training wheels.

The key, I think, is to ignore the stuff you don't need right at the start and do first things first... as in my post above with @Natishafost. She can't get her blog organized if she hasn't got the "envelopes" or "drawers" or "boxes" to put things in.

Now pass me that torque wrench...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Natishafost

You've posted a number of times with some great questions and I applaud your persistence in spite of frustration and disappointment. We've posted back and forth, both here and in private messages and we've spent a little time chatting on live-stream.

I'm going to suggest that you seriously look at the forum Classroom. I'd be willing to work one-on-one with you there so other students could also learn from the experience. Have a look at the "what you get" and "what it takes" pinned posts. You will get me AND several other teachers available to you.

Others should do the same. Great possibilities come from such as this!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
29149 7 7
destitute