BillBelew.com
BrainstormingContent Marketing

Where to go for serious brainstorming ......2601

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I got approached today with a HUGE opportunity ... to create something for a ready and very specific audience.

Problem is ... when I brainstorm it is more like thunderstorms ... or a light drizzle.

Where do you go for serious brainstorming?

Seriously ... where do you go?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
All right Bill, is this opportunity a keeper? You can be self-reliant? Pay up front?

When I brainstorm, I relax first. I usually do something "mindless" like play an easy PC game. I let my back brain mull things over while my front brain is occupied. Then, I do a little research. I just pull articles or ideas from here and there. Do a keyword search to see what comes up. Then, I sleep. A lot of what the brains undertakes happens at a subconscious level. So I supply my mind with a little information and then I let it get to work. Eventually, I'll sit down and try to draw the results up to my conscious brain and write things down. In a crowded house, I sometimes put on headphones with classical music or no sound to avoid getting too much input. Walks outside are supposed to be great for idea generation, but not for me. Too many pollen allergies!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Brainstorming can be a waste of time or a tremendous tool leading to organization and achievement. I've worked for companies that take it seriously and have formal brainstorming meetings, much like masterminds but with a slightly different structure.

Most often brainstorming sessions are less formal and typically a way to "hear yourself think" or to "think out loud". In this format get one person, or a few people, you trust in a room (physical or virtual) and start talking. Lay out your thoughts and listen to others comments. You'll walk away with a better outlook and the beginnings of a plan.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I get a packet of very colourful markers and a large sheet of paper. I begin with a question then brainstorm my little heart out.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
The key to good brainstorming is to write it all down. Then the rubbish is removed and from the jumble of words the spark of inspiration appears.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Funny. I'm such a computer girl that I do the same only with an Excel spreadsheet and colored fonts.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
My son (11) saw a lesson about mind mapping recently and that concept really appeals to him. He has started making his own notes and ideas. I've given my 13 y.o. a journal to work out some story ideas. She wants to write an epic novel. Ah- the energy of youth!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Some time ago I helped organizations with their brainstorming. More recently I led the brainstorming sessions in an engineering organization.

Write the question or questions you are trying to answer. Begin there. You need four or five people in addition to you who have knowledge about the question.

If you want more ask.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Serious brainstorming = a mastermind group.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
29147 9 9
destitute