BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceContent CreationFocusNetworking

Best Places Online/Anywhere meet likemindeds2602

Member Dchhinsley private msg quote post Address this user
So, since I hit a 'I'm going to be thirty and want to have done at least something with my life' Phase. Or maybe i'm unfulfilled anyway. I have for the past 2 months been reading and researching online marketing strategy, Business strategy and 'networking' however the majority of these people I believe are singularly minded, money and influence.

My rather digressive and long winded question is where should i be focussing my efforts to be able speak candidly about business and start-ups? I am probably going to have somebody tell me that my idea is garbage but thats part and parcel. Don't be afraid to fail etc.

Best plaes to network for people who are likeminded or have the skills I don't possess where we can team up and brainstorm? I have minimal knowledge of business so i'm undoubtedly naive.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Dchhinsley Here would be the best place to start.

Ask lots of questions and see where that leads you.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Reddit for startup and entrepreneurial discussions. Inbound.org for more marketing focused stuff. And, here, of course. I am happy to share what I know and could benefit from wider input. It is important to get diverse opinions to avoid tunnel vision.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Dchhinsley

This forum is a good start. Several of us are teachers and mentors with a lot to share. You'll find different perspectives here and a lot to choose from. Join us for Wednesday Webbies, too!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Thank you all so very much. I figured this was a good resource and stage for this which is why I joined.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Dchhinsley

To quote the detective in the rumpled trench coat, "Just one more thing..."

There is a paid section of this forum called The Classroom where you can get direct access to a number of top experts who provide greater depth in answers and support. Worth a look.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I don't want to meet people who are like-minded as I am.

I want to meet people with a different perspective who will challenge me to think differently or know for sure why I am sticking to my guns.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
That's absolutely a great point Bill. Well I will investigate this student membership and way up if it is worth the investment.
Thank you all for the info. I'm literally looking for somebody to sit down and say that sounds like a terrible on demand service proposal.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Dchhinsley I always believe if someone thinks something is a good idea then a lot of other people will too.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Dchhinsley

We'd love to have you in the classroom.

People say they want feedback, but what they really want is for people to say nice things to them.

I will tell you what I think AND why I think the way I do ... as will the other teachers.

Opinions without data are just opinions. We know why we think what we think.

See you in the classroom? <= Click

Post 10 • IP   flag post
29147 10 10
destitute