BillBelew.com
BrainstormingFacebookmarketingSocial MediaVideo Production

Video coverage big difference2613

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I recently post two similar videos on Face Book. One was "just" the link to a youtube site. The other I posted directly to Facebook.
I cannot post directly to Facebook any video that uses copyrighted music. Hence I had to use a link.

https://www.facebook.com/JackMolanPhotography/

The response is stunning.

The link has received: 3,440 reached. On youtube the views are: 98

The direct video post is: 64,500 reached. 19,000 views. Looks like using the wrong music does not pay.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jaybeacham private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolan
Looks like using the wrong music does not pay.

Not following what you mean. dumb that I am.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I would repost the YT version at your site.

Write up a good title for it ... a short 200-ish word description of what is in the video, how you took it, what you learned doing it ... that sort of thing.

Then hit publish on YOUR SITE. In the future people will start coming to see what other cool things you have to offer rather than you having to go to them to say - Hey isn't this cool?

It really is cool!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
AppSumo was offering a deal to purchase music licenses (10 credits for $X) last week. You might want to check it out if you use music frequently.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolan
Looks like using the wrong music does not pay.

Not following what you mean. dumb that I am.

@belew

One video could not be posted directly to Facebook because Facebook won't allow copyrighted music. Using just a link, it got really low numbers.

Using a direct post (commercial music) to Facebook captured much larger numbers.

make sense?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tleckels private msg quote post Address this user
Videos tell you a whole story, for the most part. Having worked with surveillance video for several years I can honestly say that the picture isn't always worth a thousand words. People tend to assume that a surveillance camera can show you what the eyes can see. However this is very far from this truth. First off you have to have someone watching the monitor 24/7 in order for it to be effective.
For the most part video surveillance can be effective. But as I said, someone has to be watching it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Do those 19K+ sign up for your email list? Can you share conversion numbers? Perhaps in the classroom?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan Great vid but "email list" and "newsletter" are dirty words. Bill is right as far as you need to get these people onto an email list. The numbers are certainly impressive. Why not offer them exclusive footage or something for free rather than asking them to sign up to something?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@belew @SusanDay

I would be glad to go over conversions to email etc. Do I start another thread in the classroom?
SusanDay you have a great point. This one is a bit a unusual, as if I "tacked on" a request for email sign ups. I'll post again how I have been doing it.

Thanks
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Yes, new thread in the classroom.

Thx!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

Please remember that copyright is what it is. Creating videos using copyrighted music (unless you have the proper approval to do so) is not a good idea. Just because you can do it and can post them some places (including your own website) it is still a violation of the law -- and it is a LAW.

Should the copyright holder decide to defend their copyright, and they will in most cases, you can find yourself on the end of a huge cost.

There are lots of great sources of royalty free music and commercial tracks you can purchase for a few dollars. It's hardly worth the risk to use the copyrighted stuff, and again, unless you have legitimate permission to do so.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
What @Rev said
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@jmolan what Bill said ... lol

Getting emails is the beginning of your sales funnel. That's a whole other kettle of fish.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I have been offering free downloads to anyone who is on my email list. I have ran maybe, 9-10 campaigns like this, and so far have 900 on my list. I want to switch a lot of my content to my web-page. Eventually offering a book or two for sale, and images.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

offering a book for sale /// why would you do that?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@belew I am writing the books, I am also doing public speaking. I've been "told" I can't do either without a web-page
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

You can do things without a web-page, but you can certainly do them better WITH a web page.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@jmolan is the book a coffee table type with a lot of images?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@jmolan I just signed up. Just a suggestion but I'd get rid of the double sign up subscription process and send folks that freebie straight away.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

OK good thoughts, Did you find my sign up onmy Facebook page? Or the web-site? Having automatic gift would be a hit, I have struggled to keep up sending new sing ups something. Thanks as always, I am working on this morning...:-)
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@jmolan is the book a coffee table type with a lot of images?

I am writing a novel,"A cross between Lord of the Rings and Deadliest Catch" Also small book on "A view from the wheelhouse"
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@jmolan Great vid but "email list" and "newsletter" are dirty words. Bill is right as far as you need to get these people onto an email list. The numbers are certainly impressive. Why not offer them exclusive footage or something for free rather than asking them to sign up to something?

So.....I have been offering free downloads of good images in exchange for a sign up. But are you saying "click here to view" and have a sign up pop up?
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

The simple answer abt what works is there is no simple answer.

If there was one almighty way that works best, everyone would use that one way... then it would not be as effective any more.

I recommend IF your strategy is to give something to get something ... make that 'GIVE' as cool as you can without giving away the farm. AND ... make the 'GET' as painless for the GETTER to GIVE as possible. Make it dumb simple.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
29622 24 24
destitute