BillBelew.com
Facebook

Taking the leap on Facebook Ad Campaign2619

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to take the leap on a Facebook Ad campaign.

Had the first brainstorm meeting this morning.

Aiming to launch next week ... run for a month to see if I can convert an ad to make more money than it costs me get the click thrus.

Wanna follow along?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
What ! You ... Facebook? Let me know how it goes :-)
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran

Agreed. Me? Facebook. Not sure what I am thinking.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
I am concerned about you :-)
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran

As you should be. I am trying to see if smth can be done quickly and effectively ...IF I throw enough money at it.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Someone with an honest approach to FB ads.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
So what exactly will you be advertising on Facebook?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler That's a very good question.

@Belew ??
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@gspieler

I am going to try to get pre-orders on a book I want to write.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Bill I am keeping in touch with a friend in Oregon who said this about a Facebook campaign he is currently running:

"Hi Dan,
I notice he offers to capture leads for you for less than $10 each. In running my own lead capturing campaign on Facebook, my leads were costing $1.81 each. And even that figure is misleading because I only received one subscriber, so you can triple that to get an accurate figure. Still way less than christianet is offering."

The :he: that he refers to, is a place called ChristiaNet trying to get me to buy into their ad program...which I won't. Will you continually update this forum with your info as you go along and run YOUR experiment?

As of this moment, I am AVOIDING Facebook so as to focus my attention on blogging, etc. I have two Facebook pages. One is a personal page and other a business page but won't post the links here for fear of self-promotion. I will monitor your progress and yes, I agree with SDay (what exactly is your product?)Pre-orders you say? If so, then what is the focus of your tome?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Wow. Well, this will be interesting. Be sure to keep us posted on the process and progress.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
You can't ramp organic traffic for this?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons

I will post some of the updates here for sure. The nitty gritty details I will likely reserve for the classroom members.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Organic is good but slow.

I have a 45-day window to see results ... or not.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Years ago I did a LinkledIn ad campaign for my Internet Research workshop. Didn't get any takers. Could have been a lot of reasons such as no one cared.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
I have looked at advertising like that as being so "iffy". With Google, you give your CC# and choose the number of CPC ads and never know who will click the ad. "Who" being a specific demographic. And, will that demographic result in actual purchase of products? Or with LinkedIn, that's an actual bonafide business platform but still, will the right business person click your ad. It will be interesting to see Bill's results.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
and "organic is good"....regarding blog postings....I've been poutting up blog posts very steady (daily) with a minimum 300 words each and began last March....roughly 90 days ago....my traffic is the same now as when I began making daily blog posts. I'm curious how long it takes for that "organic" aspect to come to fruition.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Again, what is link providing info on your classroom?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansCartoons
Again, what is link providing info on your classroom?

Click on Forum Home and then look in the top group of pinned posts (the ones with stars) for the three with the dark red arrows. Those are about the classroom.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons Here's the link.

Classroom Signup
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons I'd very much like to dive into more deeply to this and find out what can be done ... or done differently.

I am sure the other teachers would like to get their hands on it as well. 8-)
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons The video Bill shared above offers some very sound and informative advice.

I'm certainly going to study it further.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
I have done my homework ... watched way too many videos abt this ... and gotten far too distracted on YouTube. That happens.

I have picked out my team ... and we have a strategy ... and determined my budget ...

And we are diligently working this ... plan to start throwing money at Facebook next Monday ... is the plan ... is the plan.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Gonna start throwing money at Facebook tomorrow....
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using a program called Quuu Promote to get a little more organic attention. I was able to purchase promotion credits at a discount or I wouldn't have made the investment. (I need something to sell before I start driving traffic.)

I'm testing the app so I can advise clients on its use later.

I share my progress now and then via Twitter. I made few observations on the above image. Always learning. Sorry that image it tiny. Maybe if you dl it from my profile you can blow it up.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons Paid search or social is only good as the audience targeting, ad creative and placement. In large part, CPC and CPM for Facebook are determined by Relevancy Score (1-10) which factors into auction bidding. "Throwing money" at something insinuates a haphazard - spray and pray methodology. Taking a thoughtful approach doesn't eliminate risk, but it certainly mitigates it. Luck is simply the favorable resultant/outcome of variables and conditions one doesn't fully understand.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons Your blog articles are very keyword dense. I would use that type of content for a description page for each type of cartoon, but not necessarily as blog content. Or, not very often.

The goal of your blog is in part to explain why your product or service is a good match for the buyer, but also to alert consumers that they might need your product or service. For example, a SaaS blog that I cover features its services in about 1/3 of its blog. The other articles may have a short CTA at the end or not mention the SaaS at all. The other articles address pain points that my client's target market might have.

Your cartoons are wonderful. If I were market them, I would build up a following by selectively sharing some of them via social media and having strong presence on LinkedIn. I think agencies that need to source content for clients would be a good market to pursue.

Blogging can be a chore. Writing your own is the affordable choice, but maybe not the most stress free. (Of course, hiring a bad writing to do your blogs is equally stressful!) My advice is that if you aren't seeing results with something and it frustrates you, find a different route to achieve your goals.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons @lunar_ranger and I will have smth to show you and the others re Facebook ads ... in time.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons Mind if I take a look at your blog? Happy to share my occasionally useful opinion on the matter.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Member Lenderman33 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Belew,

My understanding is that the best strategy would be to implement the Facebook Tracking Pixel to re-target visitors that you have already generated through your organic site.

This way, you are marketing to people who already know you and have returned to your site multiple times.

Please keep us posted!

: )

Erik
Post 30 • IP   flag post
29143 99 30
destitute