BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksBlogging

Unsolicited Testimonials Are Best Sometimes2621

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I got this unsolicited testimonial.

"Hey Bill,

How are you? I just wanted to say hi to you. I was in one of your classes at ITU and although I hated writing many blog articles initially I realized it was something that will help.

I went on to be a Badass! Product Manager. Launched products across countries, 10,000s of users from Fortune 100 to SMBs use the stuff I built. Its been very good. Very grateful for the opportunities and success I have. But I have always always remembered you and I respect what you do and what you taught me.

Thats about it. Just wanted to say thanks once again for the awesome lessons. I wish you the best.

Best,"

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
That's cool!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
@belew, wow sign that guy up!....:-)
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
That's true. Although I found if I don't ask, I don't get. Some folks just don't think about it and glad they are asked.

I don't like putting people in an awkward position, but I won't ask for a reference if I'm not confident about asking.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew How gratifying
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler I agree. Many people still are not in the habit of leaving reviews. And, as you say, if you don't ask you don't get.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I ask for anyone on FB to give me a review, and they could private message if they were shy. No-one use private message, I received 120 really nice write ups. I have transferred them to a separate page on the new web-page. Next I need to ask anyone who has seen me speak to do the same...:-)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan Wow. Good for you. You must feel really good about this, and you should.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29147 8 8
destitute