BillBelew.com

BLOGGING COURSE 101 LESSON 22643

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
BLOGGING COURSE 101 LESSON 2

So, last week we looked at who your audience is - your niche market.

Today we are going to find out what they are doing online, and how you can reach them.

What sorts of things are they interested in? What worries and issues do they have? Where do they go to find answers or to complain?

We touched on this last time in Blogging Course 101 Lesson 1, so go back and check it if you need to.

Today we are going to start to look at how you can take the issues your target market has and develop 10 blog posts.

Homework
Create a list of 10 questions your target audience would like answered.

Now, sit down and make a list of three answers, ideas, suggestions for each of those 10 questions.

You now have an outline for 10 blog articles. Each one based on a question, and each one giving three answers, ideas or suggestions.

Please share one question, and the three ideas in the box below.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
The link didn't work for me, but it looks like I missed something good. Hope I can catch the next lesson before the link gets lost.

I've been blogging for 6 years and haven't made the best of it.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay...You are so good. You ask all the right questions to get me going in the right direction. Thank you so much.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@FrugalTravelsNepal Sorry, I checked the link and it works, but if you go to the Classroom Thread you'll see it in capitals - BLOGGING COURSE 101 LESSON 1 - you can't miss it

I'm looking forward to hearing how you find these lessons.

And, don't forget if you have any questions along the lines: 'How can I fix this??!!' just let me know.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@gspieler Thank you for your kind feedback. I appreciate it.

I'd love to see what you come up with, and I'm sure the other students would benefit from it too
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
This is weird. I'mclicking clicking the link above:
We touched on this last time in Blogging Course 101 Lesson 1, so go back and check it if you need to.

I still get this:
Sorry. This thread is not available. Return to board.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@FrugalTravelsNepal

It is only available if you are upgraded to student.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Upgrading to student level is a great idea. This course I'm putting together is just a small taste of what's on offer.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I'd seen lesson 2 posted! (I was looking in the classroom.) I engage in social listening to come up with topics for my clients' blogs. That means sometimes I have to follow industries that I might not otherwise.

I write mostly for B2B blogs. My best listening posts are Twitter, LinkedIn, and several subreddits. I also subscribe to some industry newsletters and usually provide my email receive gated content from the big research sites. I pull all that information together to determine what the latest "buzz" is.

If I were doing more B2C work, I would probably need to do a lot more listening on FB and Quora. Smaller affinity forums are great for listening, too. I used to spend time on homeschool boards to keep up on what moms around the world had on their minds. (That's how I know what an InstaPot is.)
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay
I have had to write several articles for a single client's blog and it can become tedious. Lately, I've started imagining "Dear Advice Columnist" scenarios to help me come up with ideas.

For instance, I recently used "What is Content Marketing?" as my base question using this technique.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker. "Social listening?" What a great phrase and what an excellent concept. Geez, I feel as though I've been living in a blog cave.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29143 11 11
destitute