BillBelew.com
marketing

Marketing Online Travel Agency Tips2646

Member poz75 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Nice to meet everyone.

Happy to find this forum. I'm based in NYC and Miami beach and run a small online travel agency.

Very interested in all things marketing including blogging, content marketing, video marketing, and social media.

Looking forward to mixing it up here..

Jerzy
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Jerzy,
I know a little about content marketing for travel destinations- mostly, single locations. I'll be sure to share any tips I come across.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@poz75 Great to meet you.

How long have you been in the biz?

How do you get your clients?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Nice to meet you both!

I've been in the business for a little less than 3 years. I come from a corporate background and have always wanted to work for my self so when I had the chance, I jumped on it. Loving it and learning so much in the last couple years.

I had zero marketing experience and I love everything about it!

I get some leads through my travel host company (reduced commission) but work at getting my own prospects through networking, blogging, social media.

I'm pretty new to going all in on marketing my business. The internet is great as it's a wealth of info!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@poz75 Do you have a website set up yet? Blog?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@poz75 I'm assuming you are an affiliate of an online travel agency ... I might be wrong.

When affiliate marketing anything what you need to do is stand out from all of the other affiliates, attract an audience... wow them with information so that they see you add someone they should listen too... and then sprinkle in your affiliate links...

Sounds easy doesn't it?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I do have a website and blog set up. I'm starting to blog more often and coming up with a plan for a newsletter. I'm trying to figure out what should be in my newsletter. I specialize in small ship cruising and adventure travel.

Travel affiliation works a bit different. My host company offers leads and if I sell their leads, I get a much smaller commission. If I sell my own clients, commission is MUCH higher. There are no affiliate links or anything like that. That's why I have my own site and am trying to drive people to me (not my host company). Not sure if that makes sense.

Right now my plan is to put up a blog every 2 weeks but I think I need to increase that to 1-2 times a week. 1 blog post that answers a question or gives gives some valuable travel info & a 2nd being a destination highlight (fir example). In the newsletter, I would include these posts along with small ship travel news for the week (ex - Ritz Carlton luxury hotel line is entering the cruise industry and will start in 2019). Need to test to see what people want to receive/learn..

Any feedback would be great..
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@poz75 I am getting to that age where I are thinking of going on a cruise ship. Perhaps that makes me a good potential client, and I'm happy for you to bounce off ideas.

As to your newsletter I would love to read about all the fabulous places I could visit. The things I could see, the food, and the people I could meet.

I probably wouldn't include prices or travel conditions in the newsletter - just a click here for more information button, and above that all the wonderful things I could do and see.

If you're stuck for ideas about blogging there are so many subjects related to travel that you could touch on including suitcases, how to get a taxi in different countries ... the list is endless.

From a professional point of view as a content marketer I would suggest you need to start blogging twice a day if not more. Content is free and it will get you a lot of organic traffic. There are hundreds of thousands of baby boomers out there wanting to travel. Having a lot of quality content will attract them to your website.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay i was nust thinking that im getting old... I've taken up vycling thus year... MAMIL..

I've also taken up Scuba Divimg...

Must be a crisis year for me... lol
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Steve LOL ... You've got a lot more energy than I do! If I see you MAMIL'ing along the Nullarbor I'll give you a wave
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

Maybe you can take up typing, too. Or I can take up reading.

Vycling and MAMIL? I can usually guess these things.

Cycling and mammals?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Belew MAMIL = Middle-aged Men in Lycra... it's not worth imagining... trust me

@Steve If you're like me and use your smartphone a lot, you'll find a lot editing is needed or you will end up divimg and vycling your way through the day.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
divimg and vycling

Thas how i tipe on my big keebored.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Belew MAMIL ... Middle Aged Men In Lycra ... not the best sight in the world...

@SusanDay Yep lots of editing nowadays
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Steve

How abt WIYPs?

Women in Yoga pants?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Is this you @Steve?

Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Belew I think that's why your eyesight goes as you get older

And yep... that's me ... lol
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
Post 18 • IP   flag post
なんだけど。日本語で書くとだすると、多分違うと思う。
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Belew

That is to say ... If I write in Japanese, the 1st and last letter thing probably will have different results.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
それはかなり面白いことができる...すべてはあなたが私が推測している話している人に依存する

that could get pretty entertaining... all depends on who you are talking to I guess.

And don't you love Google
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
なんだけど。日本語で書くとだすると、多分違うと思う。
show off!
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I can read and write backwards, and read upside down.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

So, can I. But I don't understand what I am reading. Do we have to understand, too?
Post 24 • IP   flag post
29148 24 24
destitute