BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdvicemarketingNetworkingOrganic Search

how to set an appointment no one wants to miss2648

Member kklenner private msg quote post Address this user
Hello fellow forum friends!
BTW this is the first time I write in a forum
How do you set an appointment so the invitee does not want to miss out on this appointment?
Most times I am setting an appointment I ask to make sure it is a good time and place, the person is well aware what the meeting is about and at this point interested, but at least 60% of my appointments get canceled and postponed and usually because the person suddenly got tremendously sick and had to go to the doctor! I don't not want to "cause" this! How do you secure your appointments? All ideas are welcome!!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome... Simple answer is to qualify your prospects so that only those that really want the appointments get to see you.

For example one of my website there is a questionnaire that takes about 30 minutes to fill in...

Only those really interested in seeing me will make to time to fill that form in, and even before they do... I state that they must be connected with me on LinkedIn first.

The point is simple, I am making my prospects jump through hoops to see me... why ... because it positions me as the prize and it makes appointments and sales ... much easier.

Perhaps you can think of a way to quality your prospects.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Steve thank you so much for your response!! Yes, I do qualify them in person, get their contact info and send information they need to check out before meeting with me, but it happens quickly and then when the appointment time comes they get sick. I like your idea and since I am taking my business on line will implement something​ like you suggest. thank you!!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@kklenner

If the reason is compelling enough for them to keep the appointment, they will.

I don't know what you are meeting about ... but it appears that keeping the appointment is not a big enough priority for your appointees.

If you have to struggle to get people to the room to talk with you, you will have a more difficult time doing business = getting money and keeping it.

@Steve is on the right track.

Get sought out. When people come to you they are easier to do business with than people you went looking for.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@belew Yes, that is the problem I am having, how do I get them to look for me? I know what I have to offer is great, so I am the problem how can I turn this around?
thank you!!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@kklenner

How do I get them to look for me ... is at the heart of this forum.

Inbound marketing is what it is called. And content marketing is at the core.

Create compelling content that solves problems for real people and make it findable online.

What do you offer?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@belew what an awesome question!! I work with a company that offers plant based supplements that work at the cell/DNA level helping our body repair and regenerate, helping prevent disease and discomfort, they are the best on the market because it is the only company with 2 pharmaceutical laboratories, worlds largest functional plant library, 55 full time scientists and over 180 patents; it is vertically integrated with utmost quality control. This is a MLM company with a very generous compensation plan and offers many bonuses, trips and a BMW along the way. It is building a billionaires legacy of bringing the best of nature to human kind.... and I could go on and on also because these products have turned my life around and there are so many testimonies, so yes am passionate about it and love it when people can allow themselves to benefit from this gift, to help them live life to the fullest and do what they were meant to do in their lifetime. This company gives us the vehicle to basically do good, whatever that means to each of us. Can't wait to reach thousands of people to help them see how this would benefit them, plus we are reaching many children around the world with vitamins and nutrients they are lacking. I need to get this message out
thank you for asking!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
That answer was far too long. TL;DNR

If I have to take a breath to read your offer out loud, the offer is too long.

It sounds a bit scammy to me. Can you convince me otherwise without the hype?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@belew lol, I guess that is part of my problem. I say too much at once. But scammy and hype I've never been told because it is all true.
Sorry about the length, I was not writing it as an offer but rather more of a glimpse of what I am wanting to share. For some reason I do not know where to start in putting my information out there, I am looking to find the beginning of my online adventure. I am very slow in realising how to get started and super enthusiastic to share because it is an awesome company offering a solution to many people, of which I have already benefited enormously, but have difficulty helping others see how it would benefit them. I guess that's why I am here in this forum!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@kklenner are you giving these people too much time to pull out? To overthink their decision? Would it be best to make the appointment in less than 2 days from first contact?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay could be? usually the appointment is set by phone or texting to where and when convenient to my prospect. I would like the prospect to be eager to have the appointment so to make it less likely to be a reschedule. Sometimes that is so and then it is delightful.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
If an appointment is important enough, it will be kept.

make the appointment a can't miss proposition, and they won't miss it.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@kklenner

A couple of things I see here...

1) @Steve is right. You need to properly qualify your prospects. If they are cancelling then they are the wrong prospects. Sure, your offer would be good for everyone, anyone, but not everyone will do it. If you try to sign up everyone you will likely sign up no one. Qualify so they come to you, not the other way around.

2) you say you are qualifying them face-to-face. You could turn that face-to-face meeting into your actual presentation. No need for a separate appointment. Find out quickly if they are interested and, with those that aren't, NEXT!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Is your sales process something that really requires a face-to-face meeting? If I can make a purchasing decision without an appointment that would be preferable. Insisting on meetings and phone calls when they aren't necessary is more of an old school sales method.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
When was the last time you agreed to meet someone and you thought, "Yes! There's no way I am going to miss this appointment."

Strive to have people think that about you.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
29615 15 15
destitute