BillBelew.com
BloggingSocial Media

Blog + Social media2653

Member poz75 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I'm realizing that I need to create more content so my plan is to increase my blog frequency (still trying to figure out how many posts per week). In addition to blogging, I'd like to be more active in social media (FB & Twitter).

Need some opinions. I'm in the travel business. If there's a news release that Viking Cruises is introducing a new itinerary for 2018 to the Arctic Circle, should I post the story on twitter/FB as a link to another site? OR should I write a quick blog post of my own, and post to FB/twitter?

I guess i'm struggling to figure out what and how much I should be posting/blogging.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
Write your own post, then share it on Fb, Twitter..
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poz75
I guess i'm struggling to figure out what and how much I should be posting/blogging.

How much you should write depends on how much you have written.

You can't post anywhere or any multiple places as a one off and expect to get results.

What is the base you are working from will answer the questions as to how much you need to work/post now.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@poz75 I agree with @JelenaBB

There are some good plugins which will re-post your blog posts after they've been published and ones which will repost older content
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@poz75

Write a minimum of 3 times per week, more if you can. Some would say 3 times per day, but that can be hard to do unless you hire it done.

Auto post all new posts to facebook, Twitter, and elsewhere as appropriate and, if you have more than 100 posts available, auto publish one each 15 min on Twitter. Cycle through them again and again (obviously the more the merrier -- or at least less repetition) as people will see at different times and days.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I post mostly curated content. I gather articles and links from news sources and other sites. When I have time (and as a best practice) I hashtag the posts to extend their reach. I schedule anywhere from 20-60 posts per day (24 hr rotation*) on Twitter and seldom post the same item more than once. I work with people in several different time zones so there's never a down time for posting.

On LinkedIn I post less often -- only about 14 times a day at most. "Experts" recommend a few times a week. But I'm not posting the same content over and over again. I specifically curate content that relates to my Connections' interests. For example, I have clients in the e-commerce B2B industry so I will post articles about logistics. For my freelancer and copywriter friends, I post marketing and business tips.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
To answer your specific question. Yes, I would post industry related news. If you regularly book trips to a country, post interesting news stories about events, exhibits and travel tips for that country. IMO, the goal should be to establish yourself as knowledgeable and aware of the industry as a whole, so the people feel comfortable trusting you with their travel plans.

For real-world examples, look at what some of the big name hotels and travel websites posts on their social accounts.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member poz75 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks so much for the great feedback! I'm going to step up the blog posts to about 3 per week. If something newsworthy pops up i'll write up a quick post and add it.

I've been a bit slow with my content as I spend most of my time selling and servicing clients.

But this is a very important part of my business so I need to make it a top priority!

Does anyone send out newsletters? Do you package up your posts and just release those? Frequently?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poz75

I've been a bit slow with my content as I spend most of my time selling and servicing clients.

I'd hire someone to do the content, sales drive everything ... and if you're as busy as you say ... then keep doing what you are doing (making sales) and hire in someone to do this other stuff.

Just a suggestion... and @susanday can probably help with your content needs...
Post 9 • IP   flag post
29148 9 9
destitute