BillBelew.com
BloggingContent MarketingmarketingSocial MediaTwitter

Twitter repeat - doesn't it get tedious?2657

Member BuzzyMarketing private msg quote post Address this user
Rev's response here: http://forum.billbelew.com/topic/2653/blog--social-media/#5

...inspired a question within me.

Rather than hijack the other thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

I have not started "auto-tweeting" repeating content on Twitter.

I post the same content a few times, but not into perpetuity.

My thought is that it gets old seeing the same posts from the same account and I'd rather just post new content and keep my historical feed...perusable.

I'm curious about thoughts on this.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I think the assumption is that only those who are on Twitter on or about the time that you tweet the post are going to see it. But there is a limit to how long you should post to reach "everyone." Most people recommend tapering down the number of repeats after the first few days.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes I look at the person's wall that I want to follow.If they only have one post that they retweet over and over I do not follow them.

I RT for my followers when they have good info and look for diversity and things of interest. I thought that's how it's supposed to work.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Obviously you'll want to adjust according to your needs. If you have, say, 100 posts and you auto-post once every 15 minutes you will run through your posts in a little over 1 day. Now, not everyone is monitoring Twitter every day, or even 24 hours in one day, so they are not likely to see all your posts. Anyone who does is probably too close to brain dead to be of interest to your marketing efforts anyway!

The "a little over" part of the one day thing above means your posts will slide into different time spots each new day (by 1 hour in this example) so you will have 24 days until they repeat in the same time spots. Since the same people are not likely always watching on the same day at the same time you have even longer before someone is certain to see repeated tweets.

Now, do the math for 250 posts or 500 posts or even 1000 posts and you can see that repetition becomes less and less of an issue with more posts. Consider, also, that you will (should!) be adding posts with some consistency. This will increase the total number AND shift the repetition factor with each new post.

Automation is seldom perfect but the reality is, used correctly, you can gain a lot of exposure. For example, I actually LOOK for @Steve's tweets and I know I haven't begun to see them all and I can't recall seeing one twice. But hey, I'm old and my memory may not be all that good!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
LOL

I suppose that's true, with enough variety even if they are repeated constantly...

Even if someone is scrolling through your personal feed, they'd have to scroll for a looong way to get repeats in your feed.

That helps, thanks @Rev (you too @TParker and @FrugalTravelsNepal)!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
The trick to anything is to know your audience and to give them what they want... every 15 mins might be too much or too little... monitor your engaagement and then adnust until you have optimium engagement.

The life of a tweet is typically 8 minutes... fyi... oh and i tweet about every 20 mins... in the context that this thread is talking about.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve Is right. MEASURE! If it's not working, adjust and try again!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@BuzzyMarketing

How many times have you seen the same post from the same account?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew Many times...many, many times.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
28176 9 9
destitute