BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksInfluencer MarketingInspiration

What does a magnetic personality look like?2659

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Do you know anyone who has a magnetic personality?

Charismatic might be a synonym.

Can we break down what that means - to be magnetic, charismatic?

What is it about some people that makes us, you, them want to be around, to connect?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
People who are more interested in you than themselves. I saw this in action when I lived in Washington DC and happened to meet some amazing, high-powered people.

I wasn't one of them, just a lowly press person. I watched and learned. The most gracious people kept the conversation away from themselves. They had no need to impress others with their station in life or accomplishments. They wanted to know about "you."

1. Who are you?
2. What does this event mean to you? In other words, why are you here without making it sound like a negative charge.

3. Response to the answers: "That is so interesting. How dod you come to this career?

It's not difficult to do. Just keep the focus on the other person. People love others who find them fascinating. And, maybe you will learn something valuable.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member BuzzyMarketing private msg quote post Address this user
Someone that can pull you effortlessly into their story/topic because you are able to automatically relate to almost everything they say.

These people have a knack for humanizing practically everything by somehow making it personal (about you) to an individual or an entire group.

I've known men and women both that could make the tax code sound interesting.

They laugh easily, can send shivers up your spine, and make goosebumps cover your body.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@gspieler

Terrific answer.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@BuzzyMarketing

Another terrific answer with a common thread to @gspeieler, too!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently employed riding cruise ships to Alaska. I give a one hour presentation to about 800 folks on my life as a Bering Sea Fisherman. After the speaking gig, I have about 24 hours before I get off the ship. I get a lot of feedback from folks who saw me speak. I often hear "You are so natural" People are attracted to someone who is genuine I think. And I know as I'm really glad to meet them, I alway ask "Where are you from?" Also "Have you ever been to Alaska?" We all have a story, and we all have struggles. I always give them my card to stay in touch.I am always really grateful they stopped me to talk, it's like "really? How cool you liked it" and I mean it.

I show plenty of big waves, ice, all the "gnarly stuff" in my presentation, but I try to add the human side, this is my wife, 400 miles above the Arctic Circle, in the wheelhouse, surrounded by ice, reading the email that we just became grandparents.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler great answer! I never thought about charismatic persons on this way, but when I think about some charismatic persons that I know, you are so wright! That is really one characteristic that they all have!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler I love what you wrote here. I remembered experiencing people like this, and how deeply they effected me.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@BuzzyMarketing Did you day "tax code"? Zzzzzzzz
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jmolan what an awesome image. Is it new? Are congratulations on order?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@jmolan what an awesome image. Is it new? Are congratulations on order?

How nice, but no, is more a "story" about all the life stuff that goes on when the big stuff is lived a different way. (the grand kid is 4 now)
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
It's about being "other" focussed rather than self focussed.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 • IP   flag post
28176 13 13
destitute