BillBelew.com
Bloggingbook marketingFacebookMotivationNetworking

Web-site reluctance2660

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I checked my web-site for the first time in a week. This is what I found.

It dawned on me, I do not read blogs very often, I do not visit many websites, I am not a "user" of the thing I am trying to build and be excited about.

It is not my desire to sound sour, I guess the realization that my own experience is dragging down my willingness to participate. Facebook, Instagram have been far to easy, so it is where I have lived while online.

Does this chart mean I have had visitors? I barely released the URL and pulled it back in. Anyway, just some thoughts. I believe a good web-site is important to have, but I may have found the reason I am dragging my feet.

Thanks
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

What's the source of this graph?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Passion ... you are passionate about social media but not your website ... that's pretty comment given the social and addictive nature of social media. in fact I've had to uninstall Facebook from my phone to break the habit.

Put that passion into your website and watch what happens.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@jmolan

What's the source of this graph?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@jmolan
Jumping on a plane for home. The graph is from my webpages dashboard. Not sure what it means but it looks like visitors
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan I'm going to mention you in an article and link to your site. I'm not sure when it will be published, but you are going to be my reference for people who have really cool public speaking gigs.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

"Impressions" is a nebulous term. It should mean "page views" but, in part due to the plugin creator's language limitations, its meaning sometimes varies.

If impressions does mean page views in your chart then it is impossible to tell how many people visited your site from that data, however the "View All Data" link may tell you more.

At any rate it looks like some number of people (likely 5 at least) looked at as many as 213 individual pages on at least one day. That's GREAT traffic for a new or newly promoted site.

And you got five people signing up for your "gig" -- mailing list, newsletter, free offer, whatever. Nice.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TParker
@jmolan I'm going to mention you in an article and link to your site. I'm not sure when it will be published, but you are going to be my reference for people who have really cool public speaking gigs.

@TParker Thanks for that, which site would you be using? Web-site or Face Book? I just returned from my fourth gig, it gets funner every time as I get more familiar with the program. The pic is the theater (800 seats!) on the ship. Thanks again!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
@jmolan

"Impressions" is a nebulous term. It should mean "page views" but, in part due to the plugin creator's language limitations, its meaning sometimes varies.

If impressions does mean page views in your chart then it is impossible to tell how many people visited your site from that data, however the "View All Data" link may tell you more.

At any rate it looks like some number of people (likely 5 at least) looked at as many as 213 individual pages on at least one day. That's GREAT traffic for a new or newly promoted site.

And you got five people signing up for your "gig" -- mailing list, newsletter, free offer, whatever. Nice.
Thanks for that Rev! I continue to plow through this stuff to try and make heads or tails out if it. I've been mostly on the road or as sea for the last 20 days or so, I want to get back in the saddle....:-)
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be sending folks to the landing page of your website. I love the image of the ship you've featured.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@TParker, very cool, if you want an interview or anything, just let me know...:-)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29615 10 10
destitute