BillBelew.com
Twitter

What Milestones Are You Aiming for?2662

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am closing in on 2 Twitter milestones.

My daughter's Twitter account is about 700 followers shy of 40,000!

And I am just under 4,000 followers shy of 100,000!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
Way to go!!!!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Wow is right. I know there is lots of advice out there to build a following, but I make the excuse I don't have the time. I'm constantly marketing myself for freelance work...PAID.

I can now say I'm developing a steady stream of long-term clients, but never enough. it took a while to get to this level, but I got here by getting off my but and going to networking events. So, I still need to do that if I'm going to have a freelance writer's career that means something.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations...two questions:

#1. Is your list of followers organic?

#2. How long did it take to gain that number?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew nice work ... who would have thought that a few years back ...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
My goal is to be able to have twitter work properly for me. I finally got it over 8,500 followers and it's not going back down now.

I finally got on Buffer and I totally screwed it up. Now if I want to tweet something it tells me my queue is full, but I was just putting random things from people. Now that's what is getting tweeted, nothing for me. So funny. I totally missed the way it works.

When I try to tweet something it doesn't say it went through so I have to check and then find it again if it didn't go through.

I think I actually sold one of my eBooks from a Twitter post, so I guess it's all worth it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Now my Twitter grows until 359 followers. Lack of consistency.

I get so confused whether to use IFTT, buffer or Hootsuite.

Currently, I am on the lookout for full time job compared to part time jobs.

Now I have been practicing on my job portfolio. And rushing the deadline to apply for job.

Thus lesser time to spend on Twitter and other social media accounts.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member BuzzyMarketing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
@Belew nice work ... who would have thought that a few years back ...

Hmm, sounds like an interesting story.

Where's the first chapter?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I am on LinkedIn where I have more "connections" than Twitter though...Twitter, maybe 1,300 followers - on LI I have going on 9,000 plus they have an area allowing you to post a saily blog, offering you ability to post keyword backlinks etc.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons And how does this work for you, what sort of traffic / engagement does it generate?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@BuzzyMarketing Isn't starting something always the first chapter of anything ...
Post 11 • IP   flag post
The LinkedIn area where it allows you to post keyworded backlinks I have just discovered LinkedIn now has changed their policies on that....any backlinks you place there are now "nofollow". I got good backlink power from them years ago though, I was surprised they offered a high PR100 backlink like that....alas, no more. As for Twitter, I have been posting a link on there to every new blog post I make....but not sure how good it's working for me...it get's me no visibility so far as I can tell and occasionally someone will "like" a post or very rarely if ever, a re-tweet. And those who re-tweet maybe have a whopping 300 followers or whatever, so I don't hold Twitter in high regard either.
Of course, we could "buy" alot of Twitter followers, then again, what does that get you? As for Facebook, it's all the rage, but there too, you have to buy ads, and I'm learning that's another nightmare.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons Quote:
Originally Posted by DansCartoons
As for Facebook, it's all the rage, but there too, you have to buy ads, and I'm learning that's another nightmare.

Nightmare may be too strong ... then again not depending on how well you sleep otherwise.

FB ads are definitely not the easy way to go.

Perhaps FB ads are cumbersome enough to keep the riff raff out.

And perhaps I am riff raff.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
3 Steps:

1. Prove the idea by getting engagements.
2. Switch to conversions.
3. Collect orders.

Number 1 is done.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
after you're into the FB paradigm, I hope you share some kind of experience through a blog post or what have you....you're patient though. I'm not
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons

I am not patient. The whole experience has been quite frustrating. But there is no other option other than plow on at this point.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
793 followers to go ... to reach 100K at @billbelew_com

Over 40K at @tooinwon and heading towards 50K.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tienny
I get so confused whether to use IFTT, buffer or Hootsuite.

It's OK to be confused, just not bogged down. The solution is to pick one and use it!

Otherwise you are just making excuses.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler I understand what you're going through. It's difficult to maintain constant work that's for sure. I admire your perseverance.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@tienny I use Hootsuite to schedule posts a month ahead to my Facebook group.

I use my reposting plugins to populate my Twitter feed and Facebook pages straight from my blogs.

@Rev is right: choose one and work it. These platforms seem to be created by people who assume the user knows what they are doing. Once you wade through the muck they can be quite useful though.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I'll show you mine if you show me yours:

TweetDeck (now owned by Twitter, I think)
Inbound Brew (free plugin)
Revive Old Post (free plugin)
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@Rev lol

I'm too lazy to use that many plugins.

I do use Revive Old Post and let Jetpack take care of the sharing immediately.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay I get so overwhelmed to use so many tools. The most often used tool is jet pack then IFTT. Because I realise if install too many plugins, it will slow down the Wordpress site.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
This thread has my head swimming. I've had no exposure to these "tools" and have never heard of them. I have book launch Sept. 1st, I better figure out what I'm missing.

These tools, can you give me a bottom line? What are there function, how do they aid you?

Thanks ahead...Jack
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@tienny I agree
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@jmolan don't worry about them for now. Get your site, and in particular, your blog up and running. Once you have that shipshape (pun intended ) then we will help you spread the word.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
@SuanDay, thanks. I think having someone look at my site, and giving me a challenge like "Get this is so many days" would probably help, I'm not lazy or spaced out, I get myopic (writing a book) and need the reminder..."hey! Hey remember me? I'm your website?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan,
I can't guarantee the link to your site that I used will be in the final article when published, but if it is-- you have about one month before the article goes live.

I just checked and there are three more articles in the queue that will go up before the one that references your site.

So- Hey! Get it done.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
470 followers to go to reach 100K.

Then I'll be rich and famous.

Well maybe not rich .... nor famous.

I am pretty sure nothing will happen except I'll have bragging rights ... and I am pretty sure nobody will care about that either.

So, why am I doing this anyway?
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
and let Jetpack take care of the sharing immediately.

How do you like that?
Post 30 • IP   flag post
29615 39 30
destitute