BillBelew.com
Twitter

What Milestones Are You Aiming for?2662

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan don't worry about them for now. Get your site, and in particular, your blog up and running. Once you have that shipshape (pun intended ) then we will help you spread the word.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
@SuanDay, thanks. I think having someone look at my site, and giving me a challenge like "Get this is so many days" would probably help, I'm not lazy or spaced out, I get myopic (writing a book) and need the reminder..."hey! Hey remember me? I'm your website?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan,
I can't guarantee the link to your site that I used will be in the final article when published, but if it is-- you have about one month before the article goes live.

I just checked and there are three more articles in the queue that will go up before the one that references your site.

So- Hey! Get it done.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
470 followers to go to reach 100K.

Then I'll be rich and famous.

Well maybe not rich .... nor famous.

I am pretty sure nothing will happen except I'll have bragging rights ... and I am pretty sure nobody will care about that either.

So, why am I doing this anyway?
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
and let Jetpack take care of the sharing immediately.

How do you like that?
Post 30 • IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew

A question we all need to ask. Seriously.

I mean, we need to ask this question seriously of ourselves. When it comes to chasing numbers (likes, follows, etc.) we should explore the purpose. Is it ego or is there strategy and application involved.

If it's just ego, it's probably a waste of time. If we try to justify the ego part with some lame reasoning, it's even more wasted effort.

Does it take big numbers in order to get the real engagement you are looking for? I had an interesting experience today that showed me I had significantly more reach than I might have expected, and in a place I would have not likely expected. And it involved VERY small numbers.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
an interesting experience today

Do tell ... do tell.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Rounding up I am at 100K on Twitter. That's what the dashboard says.

But I am still 26 shy.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
Quote:

A question we all need to ask. Seriously.

I mean, we need to ask this question seriously of ourselves. When it comes to chasing numbers (likes, follows, etc.) we should explore the purpose. Is it ego or is there strategy and application involved.

If it's just ego, it's probably a waste of time. If we try to justify the ego part with some lame reasoning, it's even more wasted effort.

Does it take big numbers in order to get the real engagement you are looking for? I had an interesting experience today that showed me I had significantly more reach than I might have expected, and in a place I would have not likely expected. And it involved VERY small numbers.

Is a great question Rev. "Whatcha gonna do with all that?" So far, for me, my two best events have been from out in left field. My goal has been to grow my email list, so the day I have something to sell I can spread the word.I believe I'm at 980, but they are 980 dedicated fans I think.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Id rather be asking the question, "What are you going to do with that?" than asking, "How'd you do that?"

It's more fun to ask how do we do this with people than it is to ask where are the people. No?
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Quote:
more fun to ask how do we do this

True. But isn't the most important part to know what it is we are going to do?
Post 36 • IP   flag post
you missed my point ...

it is more fun to ask "How/what are we going to with these people?", than to ask, "Where are we going to get people?"

You can do the what all day, but if you don't have people, it's just an academic exercise.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Marketing is all about perception, if you where looking for someone to handle your online marketing... which social media is a large part of ... would you go with someone with 100K followers or someone with a few hundred?

Nice @Belew congrats on the 100K
Post 38 • IP   flag post

And then there were 100K.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
29148 39 14
destitute