BillBelew.com
Belew Speaks

Why do things get moved around?2675

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
When I was in Japan my ex-MIL used to move stuff around. The mail (remember that?) was never in the same place two days in a row. This is just one example.

Paypal moves buttons.
GoDaddy moves buttons.
Google Analytics moves buttons.

My dad would ask, "Why don't they know when to leave well enough alone?"

Why, oh, why?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
It's called "innovation" so they expect you to roll with it.....
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Supermarkets move products around all the time to make sure customers don't get in and out too quickly.

I wonder if website developers have the same motives?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
That actually makes sense.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Bill, you're probably still wondering where the high-beam switch has gone. Not on the car floor anymore!

Actually, the whole website change thing is obvious. Think about it for a moment. Company hires best geeks to set up their website. They do great job. Company lays them off.

OR

Company hires best geeks to set up their website. Geeks do a good job. Oh, wait... need to change this. Oh, wait... need to change something else. Oh, wait... how about we try this? Oh, wait... we really should split-test to see what clients are thinking. Oh, wait...

It's called job security.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member julesthoughts private msg quote post Address this user
By George, I believe you are spot on! It is job security for the IT geeks. Frankly, I wish how I could figure how to apply their logic to every profession, especially to my own.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@julesthoughts

I would rather be known for getting things done than for being able to move things around.

I am sitting in a Panera coffee shop.

There are 4 construction types munching on muffins and gulping down refills bemoaning that there are so few ppl on site who actually get things done. The rest of the workers, "just kind of shuffle around from place to place."

Which would you rather be?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member julesthoughts private msg quote post Address this user
I get things done. I dive in and do. But then I am a person who likes to see things get done and not discuss the problems and whys of doing them. I hate meetings, they accomplish little and the more people who attend them, the less productive the time spent around a table becomes. when God created the world, he did not form a committee or have meetings with the Angels. He just did it. He also did not ask an engineer for his opinion nor use an It person to create the network in which this whole universe would operate. He knew what he wanted to do and he applied wisdom and contemplation to do it.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29615 8 8
destitute