BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksContent Creation

2K Year Old Example of Content Going Viral2685

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
If examples from the Bible turn you off, you can back out now.

If not ... read on. It surprised me at the reason for going viral ... not who it was that went viral.

"The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.

The emphasis is mine.

But it wasn't a miracle that went viral ... it was the teaching-and with authority.

Without getting all preach-y. In the first century rabbis did their thing by quoting and referring to one another. So rare was it that someone contributed something original and with authority that it went viral.

This sound so much to me like this present day and age.

Most content online 90+% is just regurgitated 'stuff.' Reiterated, aggregated ... and other words that end in -ated.

Rare is the content that is original and presented with authority (data-supported) these days. And when that content is original and authoritative ... what happens?

Goes viral.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I was just telling my husband yesterday, there's nothing new under the sun. When information is shared it is because of packaging. Do you provide information packaged with authority and value that makes it worth someone investing their time or money to receive it?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TParker
there's nothing new under the sun.

That's a 3000 year old reference. Solomon.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
29615 3 3
destitute