BillBelew.com

Authors - how is your website going?2689

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev Love to hear how you sell your books. What promotions or marketing strategies do you use?
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@aspringsteen42 Your target would be parents and grandparents. How could your site appeal to them?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@jmolan I would work on getting a great website before you do any advertising or promotions.

In the end your website has to stand alone and be the go-to backend of any marketing strategy you employ.

Landing Pages work really well if you have got an audience you can already tap into they don't work as a standalone.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@Iamstevenb yes please go to WordPress and choose a simple clean theme to begin with.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Member aspringsteen42 private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to continue to look into how I can make my website more appealing. Today is the first day I really put time into it.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

@aspringsteen42 great news. You have to start somewhere and the first place should be who do you want to visit your website and what do you want them to do.

Sounds simple but it can get complicated.

I'll have a look at your website when I finished training and pmu with some ideas.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamstevenb
So far I pay and pay and pay. But no income to make it worth my while.

Isn't it SquareSpace that, besides being FREE, bills itself as so easy to do? I often lose WordPress quotes to SquareSpace on those two points. Then they come back asking how come FREE costs so much and why is this so hard!

Go with WordPress first. Build exactly what you want or hire it done. Mostly free, or not, but loads better!
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@Rev Love to hear how you sell your books.

I post them on my site (bookshop link in main menu), they are listed on Amazon,I talk about them in groups and forums, I give them away when the opportunity presents, and they sell.

I had a prospective client tell me he wanted to make $1,000,000 from his 120 page book. He's looking for a publisher and a big advance. First time writer.

I doubt I'll ever see that with mine. I get enough to keep me writing, though.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Member aspringsteen42 private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay Yeah websites and marketing yourself are a tricky business sometimes. Thanks for the feedback and for checking out my website.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
@Rev We Australians use a popular line from a movie when we hear talk like this...

I had a prospective client tell me he wanted to make $1,000,000 from his 120 page book. He's looking for a
publisher and a big advance. First time writer.

"Tell him, he's dreamin'"
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
"Tell him, he's dreamin'"

A little south of here they've been known to say something similar, "All hat. No cattle."
Post 36 • IP   flag post
Member Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamstevenb
So far I pay and pay and pay. But no income to make it worth my while.

Isn't it SquareSpace that, besides being FREE, bills itself as so easy to do? I often lose WordPress quotes to SquareSpace on those two points. Then they come back asking how come FREE costs so much and why is this so hard!

Go with WordPress first. Build exactly what you want or hire it done. Mostly free, or not, but loads better!

Squarespace is easy to set up and easy to add blog pages. It looks good.

But you generated my interest in Wordpress. I like automating connections between social media platforms so I only work once.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
@Iamstevenb oh, the automated plugins WordPress has to offer ( most for free).

I post or schedule and the post is shared on all my social media platforms. There's also a plugin that reposts old content. And, all I had to do was set it up.

Do some research, I'm sure you'll be impressed.

And there's plenty of help here too if you're a student.

There's a lot to learn, but so many opportunities to.
Post 38 • IP   flag post
29424 38 13
destitute