BillBelew.com
AnalyticsauthorsBusiness AdviceEmail MarketingNetworking

Stacked offer? Scarcity Principle Marketing2690

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I am learning one way to make something appear valuable is to put a time limit on when it is available. I suspect this offer makes it look like you "Get All This" but who wants to bet, you get a really get infomercial from each one who can help you?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

It's called the scarcity principle.

It works well on the weak-minded. 8-)
Post 2 • IP   flag post
You bring up a good topic for discussion.

How much should marketers rely, if at all, on psychological tactics to get action?

Scarcity being just one of them.

@Tparker mentioned using loss leaders in this thread.

Should marketers use such strategies? Why do you think so?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew We also touched on this topic in this psychology of marketing Let's Discuss thread.

I did write my article on the topic. In the article, I discussed each of the common persuasive methods and gave readers suggestions for using some but not others. My advice to readers was to understand these natural human tendencies but not to use that knowledge for ill.

Here's an article that discusses Cialdini's principles.

I think choosing to limit the availability of something, particularly a free offer is perfectly reasonable. And, it may trigger a scarcity response. The key is to not overdo things, IMO. For example, saying "I'm only making this available for the next 2 weeks" is authentic. Saying "Act now or miss out forever!" is taking things a bit too far.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I have a different idea (for myself)Not sure I have time to spell it out. Basically, I believe the amount to digital connection we have, actually separates us as humans on one level. Just sit in the airport and see everyone on our phones as example, no one connects personally right along side each other, even if we are deep into something on the phone. Something is lost.
I do not want to sell my goods in too slick of a manner. I want to connect on a more real level. I get that kind of feedback in my speaking, they want to know.
"Know one cares bout how much you know, till they know about how much you care"
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolan
"Know one cares bout how much you know, till they know about how much you care"

I hear this same phrase a lot at church. 8-)

Digital is great for reaching farther and wider ... but people still do business with people they trust.

It takes longer to build trust online.

It takes longer to do business person by person in the physical world.

Both take time to do well and right.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
For making real connections, try this acronym: TAG

Thoughtful
Authentic
Generous

Show your audience the real you and provide value.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@TParker, this is an example of reaction I get after a speech. I am not trying to brag, as I know "you are only as good as your last gig" This si example stuff only.

“I recently heard Jack speak on a cruise ship in Alaska. I didn’t know much about Deadliest Catch other than snippets I’d seen here and there so I honestly didn’t know anything about him. Now I do. He’s fantastic! Engaging, entertaining and genuine. He’s got great stories and conveys them in a captivating manner without sounding boastful or arrogant. He’s an authentically nice guy and his photography is second to none!”

So I guess my goal is to do the same digitally
Post 8 • IP   flag post
For making real connections try this word out.

Compelling.

Be so compelling people will seek you out because you have what they are looking for.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Well, when you are in the Bay Area this Fall I am coming to see you for myself.

Do you have your schedule in place yet?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
"Strong demand has forced us to keep the offer open..."

Translation: We didn't sell enough to cover our costs so we're keeping this live.

"We're reopening our offer for just this week..."

Translation: If you miss it we'll probably do this again next month.

"This is exclusive for a select number of people..."

Transltion: As many as we can sucker into signing up to our list.

False scarcity is nothing more than another gimmick to separate you from your money. When in doubt, don't!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29424 11 11
destitute