BillBelew.com
BloggingBusiness AdvicemarketingNetworkingNewbie

Should I Use Spellchecker Before Publishing?2698

Member Caffus private msg quote post Address this user
I may have started two sites by mistake? I wish to prefect one as much as possiable, add many pages to it and then switch over to a paid plan. If anyone has any suggestions that may be helpful I will apreciate them.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffus you have a good plan. I suggest you have at least 150 posts on one site and then when you get a routine to write, post posts, share online, start a new site. In my opinion, it is about 6 months of work on one site or about 150 posts.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffus I like the clean look of your site.

You need to get rid of those "http//" type of links - they look messy. They appear in your recent posts - check your permalink in 'Settings' and choose the 'post title' option. That way each time you publish a blog post, the title will be included and your posts will be more searchable.

@JelenaBB is right ... keep on posting day after day, when it comes to blog posts quantity and quality matter - a lot!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffus not much on your website so not much i can say... other that get yourself a domain name and start out the right way rather than the free way... if you are going to commit the time to this, that is.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffus

The very first thing I'd do, and I mean this with kindness, is get a spellchecker.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Who uses any kind of editor -- including the one I'm typing in right now -- that doesn't have an automatic spell checker?

And, am I missing something, or did this thread get edited?

@Caffus,

If you have two sites and intend to combine them, and if they have been published for any significant time, be sure you don't just copy and delete. Look into 301 redirection.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev

Check out the original post in this thread.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

That's not lack of a spell checker, that's just lazy!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Ok thank you
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Yes, Rev it was edited my post had my website links on it. I also titled it "My Wordpress site". I made a spelling error, yes. I'm sorry about that mistake. Anyhow, thank you for your response.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffus
When you consolidate your sites, take the opportunity to update and refine your content. Make sure everything is just the way you want it this time around.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29424 11 11
destitute