BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksHumor

I am the luckiest person I know. But ...2703

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
But all my luck is bad luck.

Are you lucky?

I can pick up a t-shirt in the dark to put on and I have a 50% chance of getting it on right. 90% of the time (no kidding) I put it on backwards.

I pick up the remote to change the volume. Serious as a heart attack. 90% I pick it up backwards.

Today I parked my car in the shade so it would heat up while I was in the gym.

When I got back the car was sitting in the sunlight ... with shade touching both bumpers ...

Don't make me go on.

Are you lucky? Unlucky?

Care to share?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

It's all about mindset. That was our topic last week in the WizardsPlace Strategy Group I'm teaching. It's a Trinidad & Tobago only group so you would have had to move considerably east and a little south, but you should have been there.

When I go into a mall or big store parking lot, there is always a space for me near the door. When I'm grocery shopping many/most of the things I'm looking for are on sale or "manager's special" that day. Traffic lights turn green as I approach. I could go on but I don't want to demoralize you any more.

C'mon, Bill. You know this. Have faith!

Our group reading for the previous week was Napoleon Hill's Think & Grow Rich and for this week is is Napoleon Hill & W. Clement Stone's Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude. If you haven't read them you really should. If you have already, you obviously need to read them again!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
I assume that good things will happen in my life all the time, and they do, because God said that all thing work together for good for those who are called according to His purpose. I also ask for what I want to have happen, then expect my prayers to be answered. Of course, I usually start by asking God what He wants me to have because He has a better idea of what a fabulous life is for me than I have.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I know I am lucky and blessed. I must be - how lucky am I to have met all you guys.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I am not crying, 'Poor me.'

Really. I am just really unlucky. Have to make up for it with bigger numbers to beat the odds.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member authenticV private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with Rev on this one. I'm very lucky because I make it so. 😊
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
bigger numbers to beat the odds

@Belew, now there's your mistake! Bigger numbers don't beat the odds as it might appear. In fact, the "odds" don't matter at all.

Buy a ticket for the lottery. What are the odds it's a winner? It's exactly 50:50. Your ticket is either a winner or it's not. You can play with the numbers all you want... how many tickets were printed? How many are held by any one person? What color is your daughter's party dress? None of that matters. Buy more tickets to "improve" your odds? Nope. In the end, when the number is drawn, your ticket (or one of your tickets) will be a winner or it won't. There is nothing else!

Create your life. Build your business. Launch your brand. Either you do it or you don't. If you don't, you won't win. If you do, if you do it well enough, often enough, with enough authority, and long enough, you will win.

Don't count numbers. Don't calculate odds. Learn your craft!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
"The Lord causes it to rain on the just, and the unjust" I'm writing a short story that may turn into a book based on my experience. As a Captain in the Bering Sea for over thirty years, I witnessed big success and total flame out failures. While we were all in the same ocean, in similar vessels. The ocean could have cared less. We brought our own beliefs out to sea, and they were magnified many times over.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jmolan wise old king Solomon said,

There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.
Ecclesiastes 8:14
Post 9 • IP   flag post
My favorite Old Testament book.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@belew the wicked in that case knows what the righteous, who get treated wickedly, don't. Herein lies the eternal question, why does God allow wickedness? God gives everyone the power, some know this and use it to their own ends, whilst others forget it and are at the mercy of the 'knowers'.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by authenticV
why does God allow wickedness?

I do believe I can answer that question... but not here. That discussion doesnt belong in a forum devoted to marketing. 8-)
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@belew I would love to hear your thoughts
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@authenticV

You can connect with me via the inmail function.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
The thread started out with a brief..."I am ____fill in the blank, is a belief. Beliefs are powerful things, we all have them. If this is a marketing thread, beliefs will naturally have a major influence on how you market, what you believe about people, what you desire, deserve, expect etc. I understand Bill not wanting to go down a rabbit hole that so many posts end up as....Fighting.
I just recently gave a speech on fear. Your fears are triggered by your beliefs.Ok enough, back to work.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
You can ignore this thread ...

If there are 4 lanes stopped at a red light. I will get in the slowest one (not in front) 80% of the time.

My daughter asks me, "Daddy how come the people in FRONT of us always slow down when we get in their lane?"

I have a gift of turning lights red. 20 cars. 19 will make it. I am the 20th ... well over 80% of the time.

If this were a sometime thing, I'd think, ah... no biggie. It happens a LOT. My wife even notices it. Yeah, I should let her drive and wear a veil.

My luck is so bad, Murphy offered to give me his law. 8-)
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Belew

I'm starting to think you like being the victim. You need to remember what Dr. Wayne Dyer said so often, "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." You need to change your perspective and then watch how things around you change to meet your new thinking.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
My children and I have clean water to drink, food to eat and a place to sleep. I am blessed.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
28693 18 18
destitute