BillBelew.com
Bloggingbook marketingContent CreationSocial MediaWordPress

Photo frustrations2705

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm asking here without doing a lot of homework myself. I'm in need of really nice format to display a bunch of images. Is there plug in for this? I want each image framed, with the ability to have a short story next to it. I've learned pretty picture are nice, but it's the story that makes it. I will be introducing characters in a book I'm writing. This is what I have so far, it clearly horrible. https://captjackphotography.com/portfolio/ and I will not continue till I find a decent way to format or lay out the images. Any magic pill?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member RogerBruner private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but if you're working in Word, you can create a table for each picture, using two columns--one for the story and one for the picture. Of course you can also format pictures in Word to determine whether the text wraps around in or stays at one side of it, etc.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@RogerBruner
Yes that sounds reasonable. I'm "working" in Word. It has been my most frustrating part of my new career.

I ask these dumb questions because I'm adverse to complexity. What appears to be a breeze for most here, seems to be like pulling teeth for me. Anyhow, I will continue to work on it. I will take your advice in thanks.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
My pleasure! I would've given you more specific instructions, but I've given myself a 2,500-word goal for the day in my WIP (work in progress), and every second counts. *G*
Post 4 • IP   flag post
No it's cool,(that is a good goal) I find after I pout a bit the solution presents itself. Case in point. I have struggled to get someone to merge my two domains, and I may have pulled it off myself. If anyone could check for me, go to: jackmolan.com and it should take you to captjackphotography.com
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Don't work in Word. Word is a word processor for creating documents ranging from writing a letter to mom to the great American novel. If you want to create a great looking web page in WordPress use a page builder plugin. The one I would recommend is Elementor.

There are also many great portfolio plugins. You'll want to research that in depth. There isn't a single choice I can recommend because there are so many options that you will want to consider.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Ah Rev, as usual, your the best! So I can use a portfolio plug in? I had no idea! Nor did I know anything about page builder plugin. I will grab the "eliminator" at first chance.I'll look for examples of the portfolio plugins....too cool!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev, when I recommended Word, my understanding was that this project was a book. Totally agree not to use Word for website. Speaking as someone who does everything on his website in straight HTML...*G*
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member jaybeacham private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of problems in Word.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Take a look at websites like Canva or Stencil. (If you decide you like Stencil, use AppSumo to buy it-- huge discount.)

For book writing, some people like Scrivner. I purchased a license for my daughter to try it out. She's not given me feedback yet.

Speaking of options...I used Divi when working on a client's website and liked it. I had a chance to scoop up Layers on sale, but haven't tried it.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolan
I will grab the "eliminator"

Not eliminator, Elementor (as in elements). Although it does pretty much eliminate the competition!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBruner
Speaking as someone who does everything on his website in straight HTML

Pretty much the same here. I have the Visual editor permanently turned off in all my own websites. I work strictly in the text editor and format pages on the fly with HTML.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TParker
Speaking of options...

If you really want options in a theme, check out Woo Canvas!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
29722 13 13
destitute