BillBelew.com
BrainstormingContent CreationMotivationNewbieWordPress

Why does your web site need privacy?2708

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
After struggling with two or three experts, over a few months, I finally struck gold yesterday on my own. I'm not sure why it just happened. My dilemma was I wanted to use a simple domain (jackmolan.com) but I had built everything on another longer domain name (don't ask why) and to combine them seemed to defy the universe.
So, now my address is jackmolan.com, it goes to the other site URL, and I bought privacy on both names for $6 a piece. (The cold calls were annoying)
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
One baby step for Jack and one huge step for the online universe....or something like that.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

Why did you buy privacy?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I did a search on both domain names, all my info was available to the public. Every since I got this last domains, I get 2-3 calls a day from marketeers
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

At least you are being found!

I tell my clients, that if the spammers can't find them, nobody can. 8-)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I got annoyed because privacy costs as much as the domain names. I was getting up to 6 spam calls a day so I had to download an app to block them.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan congratulations, it's great when the universe aligns and things workout.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
From a marketing perspective, privacy makes you look like you have something to hide. I've heard from many people who say they won't deal with businesses that hide their info. But you may not need those people anyway.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think anyone buying nature photos or books is going to be checking privacy settings. (Not that that is all Jim does.) I don't know any general consumer who would even think about checking.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@TParker @Rev

I think your both right. The reality of pestering phone calls outweighs the off chance someone will avoid me because I'm not as public as a big Corporation. Heck they can check me out find me other ways.

Jack
Post 10 • IP   flag post
28693 10 10
destitute