BillBelew.com
Content CreationFacebookMotivationPublic SpeakingSocial Media

How to Make Heart Felt Digital Connections2719

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I've thought for a while, we are so digital so connected to so many. Yet we're missing the human connection. Seems like every other piece of advice is "be unique, have a solution, use ten methods to reach your audience, etc. But my best responses are when people are grabbed emotionally.

https://www.facebook.com/JackMolanPhotography/photos/a.328928767235642.1073741826.328893597239159/1263294397132403/?type=3&theater

Please take a look at a heartfelt letter posted on my Facebook, and the comments following. I can show this without tooting my own horn. I believe it's all a gift. What I've been given, I can share. Non of us created any of this. I am humbled by it, it's as though I'v ben tossed into this role, and by golly, I am going to do my best.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I do agree that we miss the human connection. Personally, I feel that I enjoy the closed class between teacher and students. Because there is immediate interaction. We are created differently with different gifts. The issue is - there is lack of teamwork. I enjoy teamwork.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

Have you been on Deadliest Catch? Did I miss that? Are you famous and I didn't know? It wouldn't be the first time something that monumental got past me.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Hahaha, no. I have run two of the hollywood boats, but not when the cameras were running.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I think Jim lived the deadliest catch.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Dang it! And I thought you were famous and all.

BTW ... well done on the nice FB comment.

Before I was invited to speak on a cruise ship, while preparing, I made it my hope for someone to complete their cruise feedback forms by putting in something to the effect - that enrichment speaker on social media ... I was not expecting that to be one of the highlights of my trip.

Sure enough someone wrote that. Someone else stopped me on my way out and said something similar.

My topic is not nearly as sexy as yours. But then I never almost died while doing my online job. Maybe someone wished I had died ... but not the same. Even so, I put my heart and soul and storytelling into my presentations to see if I could create what is called the 'Wow factor.' Of course, there may have been other folks who thought about me, "Boy that guy sure gets wound up over nothing."

Well done, Jack. Your best years may still be ahead of you.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Speaking of Capt Jack ... I talked about you today.

I took my daughter and another kid (long boring story) whale watching today in Monterey Bay.

I talked a bit to the capt, young lady, late 20s. I told her I had a 'friend' - hope you don't mind, who captained a boat in the Bering Sea who took 1000s of photos .. of Eagles and other phenomenon in the area. He is now entering another career as a writer, speaker, and motivator. Told her to get her camera out and take a lot of pics of whales and their friends ... and to keep a log. She'll be glad she did when she's twice her current age.

We had a terrific time .... dozens of humpbacks doing synchronized swimming lunges and flops ... and what not. I took some pictures, but I am abt 30 years too late.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@TParker

Perhaps Jim's wife's thinking she married the deadliest catch. 8-)
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan

My dad used to say, "Show me a man who doesn't toot his own horn and I'll show you a man with a dead battery." I never was sure what he meant. He also confused me with "Save your money and buy a bus!" The only one I really got was "I had no shoes and I complained until I met a man who had no feet."

My dad was one of the smartest people I've ever met and I lost him way too early. As you might expect, he had a significant impact on my younger years and it laid the foundation for greater things. I share this to suggest, by way of an "old guy's" story to suggest you should feel free to toot your own horn. You always share such wonderful things.

Thank you for that!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Will Rogers is the one credited with, "I used to complain about having no shoes ..."

Rogers also said, "If you can do it, it ain't bragging."
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan That's so sweet.
Makes me kinda weepy from the eyes

It's wonderful who well we can connect with other human beings. I was half way through a storytelling session at a very small and poor primary school, when a little kid jumped up, hugged me and sat down again. It was funny at the time, but I often what the real reasons were for him doing it.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
a little kid jumped up, hugged me

I told a story to a group of graduate students learning to be teachers. A couple of them jumped up ran at me and physically assaulted me ...

It was a great. A ghost story.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Must 'ave been some ghost story! @Belew
Post 14 • IP   flag post
29424 14 14
destitute