BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksMotivation

What Do People Half Your Age Talk About?2725

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am learning the answer to this question today.

I am speaking at an event called Passion Talks 17. Hint: the answer is in the title.

A clear majority of the attendees are people who half my age. Many of the speakers as well fall into the category of being much younger than I.

What do these young 'uns talk about?

Passion. Find your passion. Follow your Passion.

Do you think Passion is the most ingredient in your work life?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Passion Talks ... started by an INTERN at Google. Yeah that Google.

An Intellectual Faith Movement.

Do people of faith have to leave their brains at the door of the church?

That's the topics for today.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew @Belew What do young people talk about? Have a gander at Facebook then Snap Chat. I like the idea of an Intellectual Faith Movement. I believe that most people do leave their brains at the door of the church. There are many areas in the religion industry that are controversial and are ripe for a general discussion. How many different religions are there today? 1,000's, tens of thousands? So how can everybody have the 'gospel truth'at the same time?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur

I'm reluctant to agree with you that people do leave their brains at the door to the to the church. I do not. And I am teaching the young people I am entrusted with weekly that they need not either.

I think far too many people leave their brains disengaged in most endeavors. Most make emotional decisions and want to think it was an intellectual decision. It wasn't.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I really believe that young people today do much more in the way of 'critical thinking' than past generations did. The last time I looked younger people are staying away from traditional churches in droves. Where are they going now? I see a huge demand for 'Youth To Christianity' groups. However; these people are filling up large indoor coliseums not churches where like-minded youth are pursuing their own dreams of a just society free from any substance abuse situations.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur

Your experience is much different than mine.

I find that young people today cannot do critical thinking. Critical thinking courses are even offered in the early goings at colleges to make up for this missing skill.

I have demonstrated to young people how to something on a web site.

Their response, "But your website is blue, mine ia green."

There is a serious lack in ability to transfer lessons from one situation to another.

If the lesson is not spelled out and made personal to the nth degree, the point is missed.

Of course, not always.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
28693 6 6
destitute