BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksContent CreationHumor

What's Weird about Where You Live?2727

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I live in California.

The list of what's normal would be much shorter.

Here it is ...

1. .....

Done.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member RBishopSr private msg quote post Address this user
I live in Las Vegas. Not sure there is any one thing that's weird.

Being a conservative, this is a strange place. Essentially if you have money, you can have/get almost anything.

There's a reason Las Vegas is called "Sin City".
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
I live in Serbia. I think here you have a lot of weird things. Probably, the strangest thing is that people spend more money every month than they earn. And do not think that it's a loan. It's not so popular here to borrow. How then? I don't know. No one knows...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
the weather can be weird where I am....one day you have the air conditioner on in the car....next day you're out wearing a jacket - in August! Although this far north in the U.S. I am also in the furthest western section of the Eastern Time Zone. On the first day of summer, it just got dark at 11:00PM
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@RBishopSr

I remember when Vegas was Sin City, then became very family friendly.

Is it still family friendly?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member RBishopSr private msg quote post Address this user
Yes - it's still family friendly but some areas are really bad. Others are okay if you have lots of money.

Come visit - and bring lots of money.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
Right now, smoke from forest fires all over the province and in Washington state have blocked out the sun as though we've got heavy cloud cover. In the morning and evening, the sun looks like a neon pink ball. It's weirdly beautiful but not very pleasant. Pray for rain.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
Belew knows this one - the cost of living in SF Bay Area.

Placing Levi's stadium in one of the high-tech industrial centers.

And San Jose (or the developers building them) justifying super-high priced apartments by adding plants to a meridian under the light rail. Yep, that maximize$ the value.

The biggest surprise - Ed Levin Park hasn't been sold off to Facebook, housing developers, Japan or anyone else.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
what is the property tax in SF and SJ? State sales taxes vary in Calif. I also hear....like in SF or in that area you pay 9%? Where I live, state sales tax is 6%
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
In Singapore

Where people tend to get things fast and enjoy putting others down

I sense few teamwork spirit is some companies.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Kansas. Miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles, where the world really is flat, and evolution is still a theory.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Alabama - not weird, but unique. We are home to the space program.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Bend Oregon, if the Mtn. Bike on top your car, is worth more than your car, you're probably from Bend.

We take the grandkids to the lava tubes and a glass (obsidian) flow today.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
@JelenaBB, We motorcycled from Split Croatia, through Bosnia-Herz, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, and Montenegro last fall. Best vacation of my life. Best food, people, roads, just fantastic really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JelenaBB
I live in Serbia. I think here you have a lot of weird things. Probably, the strangest thing is that people spend more money every month than they earn. And do not think that it's a loan. It's not so popular here to borrow. How then? I don't know. No one knows...
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Here's a weird fact about Alabama - we have Indian Mounds. Moundville Archaeological Park includes 26 mounds (I think), the largest being like 56 ft tall.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang pics?
Post 16 • IP   flag post

There's some of the ones in Moundville. There are three other locations in Alabama that have mounds as well.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
29722 17 17
destitute