BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksHumor

I used to be a pretty good speller. But now2738

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of my Chinese friends who have lived here in the US a long time tell me they forget how to write Chinese.

I used to be a pretty good speller feller, too ... until I lived in Asia for 20 years.

Earlier I tried to spell a word six different ways. I never did get it right. I had to look it up.

What are you not able to do as well as you use to? How come?

I used to run a mile in under 6 minutes. I can't do that carrying 2 20 lb bags of rice ... around my waist.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Many of us including myself as we get older seem to lose some familiarity with the full correct spelling of difficult or even some simple words. I get annoyed when spell check gets it wrong and I don't seem to know the difference. It's a nuisance and a complete waste of time. Did I get all of my words spelled right this time?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
A bigger problem is when I can't spell and my readers don't know the difference.

Or when someone can't tell the difference between a typo and a misspelled word.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member RogerBruner private msg quote post Address this user
I'll never forget the test paper I got back in a college English class. Although I still got an A on it, the instructor had written in HUGE letters at the top, "Amazing spelling for an English major."

My word! After four years of Spanish in high school, I couldn't spell in either language. *sigh*

I'm forgetting more and more of anything and everything these days. If I'm that way at seventy, what will I be like at seventy-one?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
The best part about getting older and forgetting more and more is that eventually you can't remember what it is you forgot or were supposed to remember in the first place.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Off coarse your all rite. Spelling takes a lot off effort and thyme. Eye four won am a perfect speller, even dough eye comes from anudder country.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
29147 6 6
destitute