BillBelew.com

Don’t ignore Social Media2743

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook has over two billion users, which in any language is an awful lot of people. From a business and marketing perspective it means that you cannot ignore this marketing channel, to do so would be to allow your competitors free reign there.

Now for years I ran my personal Facebook account as an extension of my business, so my business associates, friends, clients and prospects all became friends… the social aspect of FB which is so addictive and annoying as a result took charge and like many I distanced myself from the use of FB.

Then I decided to give it a real go, I unfriended everyone that I was friends with, set up my business page. I started to promote content and generate a following on FB. Now here I am approaching 3,400 followers and generating a hundred odd visitors a week to my website, I’m also generating leads and inquiries directly from FB.

I’ve gained quite a few insights and well, just wanted to say don’t ignore social media… and especially Facebook because if you do, you are missing out on the largest single marketplace online.

Question ... Who else is starting to knock Facebook out of the park?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know about knocking anything out of the park just yet, but Facebook is where my market likes to play. That's a good enough reason for me to pay attention.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve I've heard the same thing from other successful FB users. I'm guessing I really don't know how to benefit from it. I get annoyed at being marketed to like crazy. I also get annoyed at all the political discussion. That is not why I'm on FB. I do promote my blog posts and if anything is happening professionally worthy of note, I post it as well.

Re blogs, I don't see any action from them. Re my book, I get some "atta boys." So what this tells me is that I'm just not a very good marketer for myself.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
I love FB!
I have couple really successful pages.
The best one has more than 170.000 followers.
Some pages have about 25.000 or 15.000 followers.
It is a great source for site visitors.
Week ago I started Fb group to help other people grow on social media. I have 250+ members and I think this will be a great support group. If you want to look at FB, the name of the group is "BOB (Building an Online Business)".

I can leave a link here if allowed?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
The people who make the most money on Facebook are the ones who say they can teach others how to make money using Facebook.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew you are right.
But I don't know how to sell my knowledge. I hope I will learn soon
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB

What is the knowledge you want to sell?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew I know a lot about social media marketing, but probably because my English language skill, I don`t know how to sell that knowledge to people. I always miss words. But, I am preparing new site, and everything will be there. I must pay a person to translate my posts, so I hope that everything will be ready in about 10 days.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB Why not target your home country in your own language?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew - you probably know the answer. Because of the price. There are a lot of people here who are technologically very literate, probably because all the rest of economy have a problem.
And young people are turning to internet business. With so much competition and poor average wages in the country, the price for this job is ridiculous. I do this for two Serbian companies and my average salary is $ 150 per month.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29134 10 10
destitute