BillBelew.com

How do you share reviews?2754

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
We authors know how important it is to get reviews. And, sometimes we get a review that is just so fabulous we want to share it with the world.

But, of course there are laws and limitations around who the review actually belongs to and if it can be shared at all.

So, do you share the reviews of your books on your website and a blog?

Do you have a particular approach to sharing reviews that won't get you into trouble?

Or do you avoid using them?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

Ask the reviewer to share and for permission for you to share. Then both of you have at it.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Had no idea we couldn't share reviews, especially if they are public? Huh.

I have a particular Amazon review that I shared with my agent. Otherwise, I don't have any book reviews on my Website. I've left all, including Publishers Weekly, on Amazon.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Do you link back to the site where the review is posted? I think that is probably the safest method if you aren't able to contact the reviewer to request a testimonial.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker--OK, I'm a bit slow. How do you "link back" reviews on Amazon?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I just ask for them. When I 'm speaking I ask to shoot me a review, on my face book page I occasionally ask for a review.People seem happy to write something nice about me. I add them to my (still developing) website..:-)

https://captjackphotography.com/testimonials-captain-jack/

https://captjackphotography.com/capt-jack-speaks-alaska-visitors/
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
If you click on an individual review (the bold title) at Amazon, you'll be taken to a unique page showing just that review.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2CFZV33XEYDR0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0230610234
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@TParker Great tip.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@gspieler My understanding is that the review belongs to the website where it was published and you can get into a little bit of trouble using them. @TParker has the best approach. It's best to be safe than sorry.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jmolan it's a funny thing but many people don't like to ask for reviews and yet when they do they are always positive.

Having said that, more and more people are understanding what reviews mean and are happier to give them then they were a few years ago.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Problem is most people say they want feedback but what they really want is for people to say nice things.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I used to attend a lot of networking type events and I was often asked to speak. On some occasions I would invite three or so customers along and get them to give my presentation... in that they would mention their business, tell them what i did, how I did it from their perspective and the benefits (ROI)... I would them wrap it.

A different way to use testimonials...
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Steve Sounds like BNI
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Belew I don't mind bad reviews. They can be honest and point out something I'm missing or just dumb. At the end of the day in Amazon's eyes, a review is a review 1 star or 5!
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay BNI ... not likely I'm not a fan of them ...
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Steve Me neither
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
It depends. I enjoy writing reviews when I believe in the product.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
29622 17 17
destitute