BillBelew.com
authors

Pics of Amazon Physical Book Store2758

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon does NOT want people hanging around.

No cafe and it's cold!! 60s F 15-ish C.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Was Amazon to blame for the demise of B. Dalton Books etc.? Curious. I saw so many book stalls all over the country and in Europe and no no more. Last time I was in one (in London I think)...people were sitting all over in a "lounge" full of couches reading the best sellers of the day. Someone told me it was a popular feature for those who didn't want to buy the damb books. I always thought it was a tawdry approach for these book stores because I thought that's what libraries were for.
As to whether or not these B&M bookstores will go, I don't think it will work

PS: I like the cold temps to deter the tawdry aspect! But still.....
PPS: and I only say tawdry because you know what lounging around too long for those types will do, pretty soon they're picking their noses, or sneezing their viruses all over....farting in the cushions....no thank you - keep it freezing
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
It would be interesting to check to see what books they are selling in their bookstore? What is the criteria for being in Amazon's hard copy collection?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for these @belew

It will be interesting to see how it goes... as we know, Amazon were pivotal in closing so many bookstore doors.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
It is interesting to see the Internet giant reaching into the real world. Amazon bookstore, Whole Foods. What's next?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon has terrific insights into what sells and to whom and where.

If they place their stores in high physical trafficked areas they will knkw what to place on the shelves by location and will also be able to add reviews and ratings = social proof.

Amazon has got this.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
29134 6 6
destitute