BillBelew.com
FacebookSocial Media

Facebook ad promotions2766

Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
I just added two new pages to my original Facebook page. I'm separating them out as the two new ones are for my new book and I want to keep the political stuff off of my personal page.

Facebook asked me if I want to "promote" or "boost" my posts for $3.00.

Anyone have any wisdom about that?

Thanks
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Hope Bill or Steve can answer your questions.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler

Don't waste your money.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew What is the best advise for her?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
People saying they are "killing it" with Facebook Ads are like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. You keep hearing about them but you never meet them.

The folks who are making the most money on Facebook are those trying to teach others how to make money on Facebook.

Facebook *might* be good for building a list of emails ... but then you have to do email marketing ... and that's a slog of its own.

The folks who claim they are making money with Facebook Ads, no doubt, have been at a long time, and have a substantial budget ... or have discovered a very specific niche (left handed toothpicks) and were able to connect, or have spent hours and hours (time is money,too) building a group that they can market to (who needs ads?).

Facebook Ads don't work for the majority of people ... if at all.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the good advice.

My main thing I think about Facebook is that it is not a good place to sell books. Just personal annecdotal observation.

In terms of visbility, it seems like it should be good, but then I'm a total dunce about it. I keep heaering it is important to stay current on Twitter. Some writer friends say they have gotten freelance assignments from Twitter. So, again, what do I know?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
(left handed toothpicks)

Hey, I'm left handed. I've been struggling with right handed toothpicks all my life and now, 65 years in, you tell me there are left handed toothpicks? C'mon, where do I get some of these?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
How do you add another page to your original page?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
If it's a book you are promoting on facebook, this might be of some use. It's neither my book nor an affiliate, just something I picked up that I felt worth sharing!

https://www.amazon.com/Free-Facebook-Book-Promo-Sites-ebook/dp/B017QGTIOY/

Your mileage may vary.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I think the reference is about adding two pages to her original account (seeing timeline as a page).
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29622 10 10
destitute