BillBelew.com
authorsbook marketingBusiness AdviceInspirationSocial Media

How to Get a Good Review Your Book2784

Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw a book review from Bill on my Amazon page. Thanks amigo, you're an encouraging guy, and a good writer it looks like, I look forward to meeting you in person...:-)

We launched the book on Sept 13th, and departed the 15th for a 48 state trip. If I had to do it again, I'd give ourselves more time after the launch to catch our breath and get some rest. It's been a whirlwind. All good so far, thanks again Bill.

Also Susan Day is rocking it from 16 hours time difference away to give us much needed help. Thank you Susan. Having a laptop in a backpack and managing this on the road, is really amazing.

We installed a Mobley device in our van. It's from AT&T. Gives us 24-7 wireless for 5 devices from the cell towers. IS $20 a month unlimited, my wife streams movies, I stream Pandora, can work on my laptop going down the road. Incredible what we can use.

Two guys that helped me understand book launches are here. A lot of free material, they know what they are talking about. All for now, on the road adjoin...

https://kindlepreneur.com

https://booklaunch.com
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
I was curious about this compliment so went to find out who jmolan is? This led me to the person behind his abreviation. And, wow! I just watched his video about his career, experience and his life.

Have to get his book. Lessons learned from someone who has lived and survived real challenges, a leader in life and death situations. Can't wait. So glad I found this.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
The best way to get a good review for a book is to write a good book ... and find people or get found by people to read it.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@gspieler

You won't be disappointed.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

I wonder out loud here ... I can reply privately, of course ... if you'd be interested to know what questions I had when I finished reading.

I wish he had told me this?
What happened when?
Could you go deeper here ... or not?

That sort of thing.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew @jmolan

Please continue those questions here in the public thread. That's how we all learn.

And I'll bet the questions, and the answers they generate, will be the foundation of book #2.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Happy to if @jmolan agreea.

However, the questions aren't likely to make sense to those who haven't read the book.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew @jmolan. If I may, speaking as a published author and with all due respect for our readers, there is nothing we can do once our books are published. Rather than pose a question that feels like we let our readers down, I would rather see them posed as "I want to know more about..." Just feels better.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@gspieler

Good tip.

That's why I asked.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Fire away man. I just emerged from a 36 hour black hole (no internet)crossing and spending the night in N Idahoe. Beautiful but a little hard to be away so soon after a book launch....:-)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Getting good reviews and followers it is important to connect emotionally. Anyone can tell a story, but it the true skill of the storyteller to weave something magical that excites and moves your audience / reader.

As a storyteller I find this easy to do in person because I use my voice and eye contact to 'reach' everyone in the room. On paper is the real test - can I make a heart sing just using 26 letters of the alphabet jumbled together to form words?

With my children's books, my aim is to make them literally LOL! And, I've seen adults flicking through the pages and doing just that.

Someone cleverer than I said, "Make 'em cry then make 'em laugh..." That's all you have to do
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Gifted writers create an entire environment which transports readers into a new world..created by the writer. It is easy to recognize wonderful, rich phrases and extrodinarily differ to achieve.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Ernest Hemingway said "Writing is easy, you put paper in the typewriter, and bleed all over the keys" Also said, "if you don't laugh, the readers won't laugh, if you don't cry, the readers won't cry." Baring your soul to let a stranger observe is uncomfortable for sure. The you find out, we all struggle, and they like to relate.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
I was going to share some of the more memorable lines I got from @jmolan's book. But the more I read, and this is the simple truth, the more I found ... then I couldn't remember which ones I wanted to share or where I could find them.

Guess that's why some books get read more than once. 8-)
Post 14 • IP   flag post
29764 14 14
destitute