BillBelew.com
Facebook

Why Did It Take Me So Long to Realize This?2793

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it's been a while since I looked ... but ... I have discovered there are some good FB groups that people have worked hard on to develop and keep active and engaged and non-promotional in nature.

Where have I been?

Boy am I slow.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook groups are all the go; especially private ones where membership is a bonus for joining / paying for a service.

I run two - one is way more successful than the other, but the subject matter - dogs, is very popular.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

What's your dog group? We are thinking of buying a dog.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Cool
I've added you into the group.

You can ask questions and post stuff, and leave if it's not your thing.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately, but it's got over 200 members and some are quite engaged.

I'm testing the waters as it were.

Let me know what you think.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I have a number of groups. Some are in support of business I conduct, some provide platforms for groups I work with, while several are topics of interest for which there seemed to be little or nothing available. Most of my groups are public. I have a couple of closed groups and two secret.

I also have a much more open approach than many when it comes to promotion (especially self-promotion), commercial and affiliate links. The bottom line is I allow them. Good stuff, indeed great stuff, gets shared that way. The groups aren't over run by commercial posts, great discussion occurs, people help people.

I have groups with a couple of hundred members and I have others with 15 to 25 thousand. 24,035 to be exact (at the moment of typing).

Maybe it's just my pretty face.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I have groups with a couple of hundred members and I have others with 15 to 25 thousand. 24,035 to be exact (at the moment of typing).

That's a pretty big number for smb who doesnt care abt numbers.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
for smb who doesnt care abt numbers

I don't think much about breathing but I'm happy to do a lot of it.

But, hey, think what you could do with some facebook groups. You DO care about numbers so imagine how big they could be. My most active group has about 17,000 people. My biggest group (down a little to 23,995 this morning) is my most spam free. Go figure.

The group that generates the most business for me has less than 200 members. It's the difference between groups designed for the members (conversation, sharing, engagement) and groups (a group) designed for me (business).

I'm not even involved regularly in all my groups. Some just run (better?) without me. When you create groups with the members first in mind, they do that.

It has taken me a while to find what works well on facebook and what doesn't, or maybe just not so well. Your mileage will likely vary and what works for me my not, or may just be uncomfortable, for you.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
29382 7 7
destitute