BillBelew.com
Feedback

Need quick assistance2794

Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I am revising copy for a resume (not my niche- doing a favor) and I think I have a pretty good idea of what needed to be changed from the original but I'd love some back-up. I really just need some thoughts on format issues such as bullet points, etc. Anyone know what a 2017 ere resume is supposed to look like?

It is for an entry-level junior programmer position for a fresh grad. (Due tomorrow am)
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I did one for a client earlier this year, and there were some notable changes. Mainly providing lists in bullet points rather than long paragraphs. I also found that answering the questions in the selection criteria was essential. If they weren't answered well, the employers didn't even look at the resume.

Have you googled to see what experts say?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Yes. I actually follow a recruiter who offers resume advice on LinkedIn, so I read a few of his articles as my starting point. I noticed the bullet point thing. I hadn't thought about answer the selection criteria. That's an excellent tip.

Thanks!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
You're welcome.

I understand that people will arrange their resume to reflect the selection criteria. It's time consuming but expected in today's competitive job market.

We have seek.com here in Australia which has good blog about applying for jobs. I'm not sure if they are in the US, but there must be something similar.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I am so glad that I am not in the job market. I'm stressed out and I'm not even the one going on the meet and greets!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
29382 5 5
destitute