BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksContent Creation

Numbers versus People2796

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
"The columns that get the most response are almost always the ones about people, not numbers." T. Friedman

I am guilty of emphazing numbers.

I think I need to change the stories I tell and make them more abt people.

How abt you?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Talmudic saying “What comes from the heart enters the heart.”
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Lin Wells, National Defense University professor describes three ways of thinking about a problem: “inside the box,” “outside the box,” and “where there is no box.”
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew Talmudic saying is good. However, need the mind to connect together with the heart. Well said of Lin.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
AmppedLife private msg quote post Address this user
@ Belew

I personally am all about connecting with People. Meet new People and Make them Family.

The Numbers will come eventually and in a greater amount. Let's Connect.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I also enjoy connecting with people and do work with people. There are times I need to withdraw so that I can connect with my inner-self and focus on my work.

Recently, my energy has been drained. Why? I have been asking "Why?" Then someone highlighted is being out for too much and meeting negative energy.

When I am alone and given direction and clear instruction, I get my energy for doing the work.

However, when I take course and/or work, my energy level increases. I also ask "Why?"

Then I realize is to balance both.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
AmppedLife private msg quote post Address this user
With everything in our lives there has to be a balance. Without balance there can be some really hard times.

Negativity is like a poison. It leaks over into everything until it kills the positive things in your life as well. One thing I do to deal with people I know are negative. Deal with them in small dose, pray before engaging with them, and asking God for guidance on what to say to them. Soft answer turneth away wrath and I believe it can do the same with a negative person as well.

Fill your Inner Circle with Positive people but understand that there is a balance to even that because people are people and they have bad/rough days as well. And we have to be positive for them as well.

Seek God for everything. He Can Replenish Energy, Give Guidance, restore Connections, and Rejuvenate Positive when the Negative is around and no one else is there to combat it with you.

People are amazing to me..
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
I have a thousand options to increase my digital footprint.However, at this moment our life is like "changing tires with the car moving" I have chosen to take care of the folks that got me this far. The rest will come.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jmolan Be sure to take a video of you changing the tires while the car is moving ... that'll get you some eyeballs ... or not.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
and “where there is no box.”

Noboxatall... prescription for your personal and business success.

(it's an insider thing)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@AmppedLife I have been seeking God in everything. I'm trying to get my energy back. And I learn to speak up.

@@jmolan Now I also choose to take care of the folks that got me this far too.

@belew @Rev Create the box 📦 😁
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tienny
Create the box

@tienny

Why would you ever want to box yourself in? Security? Comfort?

Break out of your comfort zone. Tear down the walls (remove the box) for greater engagement.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Rev I have been out of the comfort zone until I am overwhelmed with so many things, lose my focus and productivity.

The reason to create a box is to create healthy boundaries with clients and to earn own income for the family and those who does the work for me.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@tienny

If it works for you, who's to argue.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
How about me? Yes, @Belew, I do think you are guilty of emphasizing numbers.
Reminds me of the story of the kid with the barley loaves and fish.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@rev Thanks for your kind understanding.

@morrnel Thanks for reminding of the story of the kid with the barley loaves and 🐟.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
People who say numbers aren't important usually don't have any numbers. 8-)

That being said ... numbers are important to some of us in some regard.

What numbers are important to you?

Money in the bank?
Leads?
Conversions?
Which?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Reporter to Rockefeller's butler: "How much money did Rockefeller leave when he died?"
Butler: "All of it."
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Since we're talking about dead people, my buddy, William Strange, was a bit of a character. Maybe it's why I liked him. He used to say, "When I'm gone everyone will know who I was!" Anyway, when he died he was buried according to his wishes as outlined in his will. His coffin was buried vertically and his tombstone said only, "Here lies a man standing up!" People passing by would comment, "That's strange!" I guess ol' Bill finally got the numbers he wanted.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Interesting

What does "Here lies a man standing up!" really mean?

Because
1. I don't know when to interpret it literally or
2. Is there a meaning behind the words?
Post 20 • IP   flag post
29382 20 20
destitute