BillBelew.com
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Questions...

1. Do you allow Guest Posts on your Blog?
2. Why do you?
3. What rules do you use to ensure this works?

Paid Posts

1. Would you accept paid guest posts on your blog?
2. Why?
3. What is a fair rate to charge?

Just one of those days...
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Awww, poor @Steve is having one of those days

Answers:
1. Yes
2. a) Guest posts are a great way to build relationships with like-minded folk. b) The writers do their fair share of sharing so my site gets better SEO 3) It saves me having to think of a topic (this is particularly true of my "bigger" blogs).
3. a) I limit the word limit to about 400 words, and only allow 2 external links b) I only use my images unless it's a book cover or a logo owned by the writer c) All posts must be 100% original.

Paid Posts / Answers:

1. Yes
2. I need the money ... and it's a recognition of how much work / effort I have put into my blogs and how well they are tracking.
3. Anywhere from $10 to $15 US

Hope this helps
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay by paid you mean people pay you to post on your blog? Also, $10 to $15 feels like a token. But, then it's a nice thing. Get a latte at Starbucks.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler Yeah, an UK based blogging company pay me to post their content. Like you say, it is a bit tokenistic, but after the 45th post in 12 months who's complaining. It certainly adds up, and pays for the website.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I get these requests almost daily.

We will ask for $50 - $400 per guest post. That's the range of what I have received.

There's always a 'dance' and we have this almost automated.

"Yes, we accept guest posts. What is your budget? What is your timeline? What outgoing links do you expect to place?"

Most of these exchanges stop very early on ... but some follow through.

Some will promise multiple posts over weeks or months. I ask for payment up front.

Hope this helps.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve @Belew @SusanDay

Interesting. Have never been approached, except for Susan, to guest post on my blog. I've asked people to post, but get almost no response.

Says something about my blog, I'm guessing. I think the problem is I don't have much of an audience and my blog is not "theme specific."

Hmmmmm
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler

Yup, those would be deterrents. Nobody reading and not knowing what to write about.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

Synchronicity is a strange thing. Not having thought of guest blog posts at all for several weeks (months?) I had 3 other people just this past week bring up the topic -- 1 want to do them on my site, 1 wanting me to do them on their site, and one wanting me to help them create a site for the purpose.

Answers:
1. rarely.
2. sometimes people offer something good that works for me.
3. on topic (my site), well written, original (sort of).

Paid Posts:
1. yes (see #3 above)
2. I'll gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today.
3. On my main site, perhaps $100 (with their link, of course).
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29382 8 8
destitute